Cat biting and kicking?

goofie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is around 2 years old, and he's more of an outside cat. Lately, it's been snowing so he can't go out a lot, and he's been showing some weird behavior ever since. I don't know if it's because he can't go outside or what, but when we call him over to cuddle by patting our stomachs or just calling him over, he'll come over and his eyes/pupils(?) will get big and he'll start purring and meowing really weird and get up in our faces, and then he'll start to bite us and kick his back legs when he does so. We tell him no and gently push him away but he'll just grab hold on another object, like my mom's robe or a blanket or whatever he can get his mouth on and kick his hind legs. What does it mean? People tell me it's my cat telling us he owns us, but I'm not too sure.

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
He's playing. Are you playing with him more because he's not getting as much outside time? If not, you need to help him burn off all that excess energy he has. Use a laser pointer, get some kick sticks, try wand toys, throw a ball, anything to help him get some exercise. When he's done playing, then try to pet him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

goofie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We play with him when he bats his mouse toy and his butterfly around, usually he just wants to be left alone as he sleeps. We do have a laser pointer and old toy somewhere around for him to go bonkers on. Thank you!

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A ping pong ball in the bathtub is a good playtime toy to burn energy. Get lots of them, as they escape and end up under the furniture. Also, you can make up a kicker toy by tying knots in an old sweat sock (the dirtier the better).