Cat bites my leg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bella's Mommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is it aggressive and mean or a love bite? You didn't give many details about when this occurs or if what you are doing ....
Its when i'm taking dishes to the kitchen she would come out of no where and pounce on my legs but it happens sometimes not often she would make an excited noise and pounce

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its when i'm taking dishes to the kitchen she would come out of no where and pounce on my legs but it happens sometimes not often she would make an excited noise and pounce
Definitely playing. Its weird, but they can get the idea to do this stuf seemingly randomly and then it becomes a game for em. You should be able to gradually get rid of it the same way you get rid of other problem behaviors -- I use a loud "no!" Just don't give in and play right then or you'll reinforce it. When you have time, keep in mind the cat is bored and try to play more or get some additional toys that might interest the cat.

RufusGizmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
yes i have one that will just walk over and gently nip my leg. he’s been doing it forever but it’s always startling