Cat Being Sick

MA LESTER

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat sandy keeps eating his food up quick and then sometimes he throws it back up do you think there is anything wrong with him as I am worried

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would recommend a vet visit. There could be any number of problems that cause that.

If he does not have a medical problem he may just be eating too much, too fast. how often and what do you feed?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MA LESTER

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I feed him Felix mostly but sometimes feed him Purina gourmet gold page and tuna fillet with prawn

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How old is Sandy? And how long have you had him? And is it dry food or wet food he's throwing up?

Spookymoo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If a cat eats too quickly they can often throw it up...and if you're lucky you can see them eating it all over again :D However if you are concerned about it a vets visit is always a good idea, always better to be safe.

MA LESTER

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sandy is 10 years old and I have had him since he was a kitten and he eats wet food and a treat once a day I have started to feed him a little bit of food at a time but often and also he is going to the vet on Monday for a check up and his flu vaccination he is a house cat

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That's good that he's got a vet appointment on Monday. Just to be sure there's nothing going on with him.

When I asked about wet or dry food, if you'd said dry, I was going to suggest one of those treat-like feeders that makes the cat eat more slowly. But since it's mostly wet food, that won't work.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
glad he has a vet visit coming up! my big male cat eats too fast and throws up if he has gotten too hungry. so smaller meals more often is a good thing! as long as my guy never gets too hungry and eats too fast he is fine. Hopefully it is the same easy fix for your guy!

MA LESTER

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Took Sandy to the vet everything his ok with him the vet said some cat food are too rich for cats and some cats eat there food up quick and then it can make them be sick she said carry on doing what you have been doing giving him a little bit but often also he has gone down from 6.7 to 6.3 I asked what his idea weight should be the vet said aim for 5.5 I just want to say thank you to the people who has helped me

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thanks for the update. Glad everything is ok with Sandy. :heartshape: