Cat behaviour after spaying

Seunie9

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi TCS , sorry for the long post in advance
My cat was diagnosed w pyometra and she got spayed in 2 months ago but she is so aggressive cat so the incision was open but my vet prescribed antibiotics to give her and she was really angry w me cz she don't like to be touched so w the incision it's even worse
So now after 2 months she sleeps most of time but she wasn't playful before tbh and don't like to be touched too
She is eating and drinking well but before the op she was run everytime she see someone is eating or cooking but now she sit quietly and I began to think she is unhappy or depressed , maybe bcz of her suffer w pyometra and she is w other cats here so maybe that's make here even more angry
And now even her left eye seems to be swollen , idk what the reason , this just appeared today out of nowhere
P.s when I talked to the vet abt her behaviour , my vet said it's fine and no need to worry

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If her incision is worse after two months, much of her behavior is probably because she is in pain. She needs to go back to the vet to have this attended to, and soon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Seunie9

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If her incision is worse after two months, much of her behavior is probably because she is in pain. She needs to go back to the vet to have this attended to, and soon.
No the incision now is perfect , she totally recovered from the infection , I mentioned this cz she hated the medication sm , she was running away the moment she sees me cz ahe knew I may gave her the meds so I was thinking may be she is depressed bcz of this

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
A swollen eye probably means she needs vet attention again. Eye infections usually need medicated eye cream, but if your vet thinks it would be effective an antibiotic can be given as an injection as well.

She could be in pain from her surgery, even if the scar seems to have healed. She could also be stressed out from the whole experience. I would definitely suggest taking her back to the vet. You can get supplements that help calm cats down. Zylkene® | Vetoquinol USA is a good one. It's safe to use long term and can be mixed with wet food, so the cat doesn't even notice they are taking it.

Please keep us updated, I hope she'll be OK.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I agree that there seems to be underlying causes for your cat's behavior and that another vet check is in order. The eye definitely should be looked at by the vet.

Seunie9

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I agree that there seems to be underlying causes for your cat's behavior and that another vet check is in order. The eye definitely should be looked at by the vet.
The eye got more swollen in few hours and it seems abscess which drained some blood and pus idk what to do , I called my vet but it's vacation here now and no one is open , there is not even ER here , but the swollen got much better after it burst

Seunie9

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It sounds as if she needs to see a vet sooner rather than later. Is there another vet you can get a second opinion from.She may well be in pain and that could explain the change in behaviour..
Yes I think I will go to the vet bcz her eye too , it's just that it's vacation in my country and no one is open now , I keep calling all the clinics I know but it is closed

Seunie9

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update : I just came back from our visit to the vet , the swelling was abscess and it's alr drained yesterday by itself , the vet prescribed antibiotic and local cream and told me if this happened again , she will need culture for specific ttt , and nothing was abnormal during the examination , I hope I was just anxious , she is better now
Thank you all for ur help