Cat bed woes

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Is there any way to get a cat to like a cat bed? I bought Neko-chan a bed, one that uses her body heat to keep her warm. I put in on her spot on the couch and she got and clawed at it until it fell to the floor then went to sleep. Tied other areas, same thing. I even tried putting her in it but she acts like she's afraid of it. I tried putting a treat in it, she grabbed the treat and ran off to eat it.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Give her time. My cat Graham took more than a month for her to finally lay on her bed. My Bourbon too - in fact - much longer that I almost gave up. Try to put her blanket on it so her own scent will be there, and a favorite toy. It worked on my Graham, although as I said it took a month or so. I hope it gets a positive result.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Put a heating pad in it made for cats that plugs in and cover all with a little blanket. When they feel the heat they usually stay put. I have one on my couch too, without a bed. Once they feel that heat sometimes it is hard to get them out!

ladytimedramon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Delilah is notorious with disliking cat beds in lieu of my pillows. So the next one I got, I put it on my bed and laid with it like it was my pillow. She jumped on my bed and looked at me. I moved my head over a little and she curled up on it. She still uses it.

Part of it I think is because I was using it as a pillow, and part of it is because it's a flatter bed without high sides. She won't use any of the beds that have high sides on them (but then, I have the only cat scared of boxes)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I wouldn't worry too much, cats can be picky about where they like to sleep. When we adopted Carleton we bought a new bed for him. He walked all over it but didn't use it at first. Eventually he went in it but even now he will sleep in it on and off. He prefers our bed to any cat bed and that's just fine with us. :sleepycat:

This thread about a cat not wanting to sleep in her two different cat beds might be helpful for you:
Won't sleep in cat bed