Cat Barks?

Suziethekitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
there's a stray male cat that my mom feeds
He's a tabby cat he has a round face and small eyes and wide nose
I wonder what kind of cat is he
He never meows but makes bark-like meow like ( wild cats) maybe I've never heard anything like this
He sounds more wild than lynx or bobcat or carcal
I've googled their sounds and it's nothing like this one
And when I google "cat barks" I couldn't find one similar to this one xD
It's so strange
He doesn't bark like a dog but rather like wild big cats or something but slighter smaller tone

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat Milly makes little chuffing sounds, too (they are little bark-like sounds). Usually she does it during play, when she's ferociously "hunting" a toy that is hidden.

I saw this thread here at TCS -- the OP talked about chuffing-
Chuffing!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats can make various sounds, yours sounds like a tom cat with the round face description, and he may have a breed in him that has very different sounds, like a siamese. He may have been kicked, or in a fight that damaged his throat/vocal cords. None of my cats 'meow' in a normal way, they have a lot of Siamese background and are inbred. They more 'yowl' very deeply and slowly. One has always made a sound like a stutter, almost like a yamaha, 'neyt, neyt, neyt!!', high pitched and repetitive. A picture might help to ID a breed in him if you can download one. And depending where you are, you never know, he could be a crossbreed with a wild cat!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Suziethekitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i live in oman, wild cats are very common here especially carcals and leopards
I've never seen any in my neighborhood tho