Cat attacking damp hair?

blazewind

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I decided to post this here because if it would really be called a cat behavior issue or just some feline strangeness. But I wonder if other cats have done that same and how to stop mine from doing it.  I've noticed that on those rare occasions I end up going to bed not long after washing my hair and while its still slightly damp, my cat , who typically sleeps on the bed, will come up onto the pillow, sit near my head and paw and lightly bit at my hair.  Twice now she has actually bit me in the head.  Not hard or anything, but still a sudden nip nonetheless and without known reason other than the fact that my hair is damp.  She has never done it when my hair is dry.  Only with it damp and very freshly washed within maybe an hour or two.  I don't think she's even intent on harming me or anything, but still it can hurt.  I put her off the pillow and it thankfully solved ts the problem.  She curls up to sleep at my feet like always.  Still though aside from the obvious weirdness of wondering whats up with this cat, I wonder if she might be eating my hair, and thinking obviously that cant be good for a cat either.  I suppose I'm lucky really in that so far stopping her once in the night is enough for her to take as hint and leave my hair alone.  

ayeshajae

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Both my kitties and my moms cat do this with my wet hair. I think it's because they want the have some of the water from your hair :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blazewind

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I hadn't thought of that of course, but it does make sense.  Interesting to know that mine is not the only cat to do this one.  lol, I suppose the simply answer here is too simply not go to bed with damp hair anymore and the cat will have nothing to  suck and bite.  I always end up  regretting the damp hair inthe morning anyway, when I find myself waging war against a frizzy mess.