Cat Attachment Styles?

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Did anyone know about this study? I came to an epiphany last night because I always wondered why Felix seemed to like my mom more. I started googling cats and attachment styles and was surprised that it is actually possible for them to have different attachment styles to their caregivers like humans and dogs do. I have a disorganized attachment style. I'm securely attached to my mother but not with my father. I guess I've projected some of that on to Felix when he was a baby. He's securely attached to my mom but not to me. :sniffle:

Cats distinct attachment styles toward human caregivers

Flybynight

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Interesting study. One of my two is definitely secure, the other I would say inbetween.

minish

minish first..
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Interesting study but I think the results are misleading because the experiment is held outside the cat's territory. There are multiple challenges for the cats, taken away from home, put in a box, car ride, new people... Then this novel room. Does it mean new sounds, smells, voices, objects.. Minish is very securely attached to us normally at home. For example when she hears loud noises, she takes emotional cues from us and can decide its not a big deal. She is thrilled by new decorations.. If I took her to this experiment, she would literally cling to my lap, hooking her claws in (not a lap cat). If she had grown up differently, traveled more, etc, she would display different reactions. So overall, I don't think the result can be generalized for the cat in question as a character trait