Cat and kitten ate some fluff in mattress. When to take to vet?

Kayseymac

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Today I discovered my cat and kitten have been secretly eating fluff in my bed box spring. Not sure how long it’s been going on, but I’m guessing for at least a few days. When I found them doing it yesterday I panicked and rushed my kitten to ER because she vomited the night before.

They gave her some anti nausea and fluids. They offered to do an x ray but it was going to be really expensive so they said we can wait. Kitty is currently doing fine. She’s pooping with no diarrhea and hasn’t vomited in well over 24 hours and eating so I’m feeling better about her.

I’m a little worried about my adult cat now though. He is eating. He pooped this morning- the poop looked totally fine and solid but there was like a tablespoon of diarrhea at the end completely separate from the big normal poop. It’s been like that for a few days now but I just chalked it up to his sensitive stomach.

he also threw up this morning. It was clear and had some of that fluff in it. He seems a little lethargic but not too badly. He’s getting up to go to his food bowl and walking around the apartment but not playing with the kitten like usual.

Most of the vets around us are closed and I’ve been dropping a lot of money on the cats recently. Is it ok to watch for a while or is it urgent I get him to the vet? Is this something that could pass on its own?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Your other thread: Kitty keeps eating box spring fluff. What to do?

I'd at least give the vet a call tomorrow and ask for advice. The vet may say to just observe the cats for now and bring them in if one or both start to show obvious symptoms like not eating, frequent vomiting, etc.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kayseymac

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Edit: cat is actually playing with the kitten now so I actually don’t think he’s too lethargic. When he’s been sick before he barely go up but he seems to want to play so I don’t think he’s feeling too terrible?

Ashanti

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sounds like he's ok but do at least call and also make sure they cant eat anymore of that fluff. That stuff can cause a lot of issues.