Cat always chewing back

peacesad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Our feral cat is probably like 8 yrs old. The last couple of years, she started to chew on her back. The while back has little dried skin scabs too. Why?

She does have a few fleas sometimes but I’m sure she’s had them for way longer than a couple years.

She does also do a lot of cleaning. She used to play with a string when I pulled it, but would keep stopping and cleaning or chewing while playing.
Just thought someone would know if I can help her stop. She doesn’t go to vets. Thanks.
5F998E69-A5E1-445F-B585-4C26C92E10B0.jpeg
5A345622-3AAD-43F4-838D-F3146223F43D.jpeg

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! You might consider looking on Only Natural Pet for a flea product, and if you're feeding only dry kibble, maybe you could begin feeding her canned food that's a different brand?

Additionally, you might check the ingredients of the food you're currently feeding and find a different brand that has different ingredients.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

peacesad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks! I’ll look for the flea product. I used one on her when the fleas were worse and it did not remove fleas at all.
She has eaten friskies wet canned food for pretty much her whole life as do the two other ferals. I change the flavors up a lot but she really has no desire for hard food. Also, she does hunt rodents and does eat them too.