Cat acts feral

berserker

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So my little pancake is a inside ginger cat. But he loves going on walks so everyday we typically go for one in the morning and afternoon. No big issues until today sometimes he acts wild after we go outside. But he calms down relatively quickly and we go on about cuddling and playing. Well today he slipped out of the back side of his harness I tried to reach down and put it back on him and he flipped out clawed my arm up to where I'm bleeding all over. Then proceeded to run home by himself. Do cats get high when their outside or something? This is the first time he's flipped out and I'm worried I shouldn't be bringing him out if he's going to act badly

Thank you

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Being outdoors winds some cats up. Some will scratch or try to get away when you try to get them indoors and others will be out of sorts For a while after they are brought inside. You need to see how he behaves and decide if taking him out is worth it. There certainly isn’t anything wrong with just not taking him out.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
It sounds as if he is not entirely comfortable going outside from your description of him running back home (how many cats do that?) and of his agitation when you first go out. I don't see this as a necessary part of his day if it is in any way difficult. If you do take him out, you might want to find a harness that he cannot escape from in case he does not head home the next time.