Cat acting weird post Propofol?

LizN0921

Cat mom of 6
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all! I'm new here! I have a baby kitty of 2 years old, and she has had numerous health problems such as seizures, and hip/knee issues (currently on 6, occasionally 7 medicines). She currently had to go under two sedations for a constipation problem, but I've noticed even 2 days later after she's been home, her personality has changed. Usually she was a generally friendly cat but kept to herself, and now she's extremely friendly, and attached to my hip, meowing (which literally she never does), and eating like she's never eaten before lol. I know that the sedatives have most likely worn off by now. Anyone else notice personality changes within their cats after sedation?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
Welcome!!

I'm wondering, it's possible that she's feeling really good now that everything has been taken care of :)

Did the vet gave suggestions for how to avoid constipation in the future? More water, lots of canned food, even adding a little water to the canned food, that sort of thing, and possibly really monitoring the medicines in case they're influencing the issue?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LizN0921

Cat mom of 6
Kitten
Purraise
Yes! Unfortunately she may have chronic constipation the rest of her life due to being on Predizone, which the doctor mentioned is a big dehydrator, and so we are trying to slowly wean the kitty off of it. Definetly going to try adding water to the canned food. She likes to lick it rather than eat it, thank you for that!