Cat acne

JulietteTruong

Sassy but sweet calico girl
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My baby got a little breakout on her chin, which has never happened before. She eats out of a ceramic bowl which I keep clean all the time.

I just got some stridex pads to use, hopefully it’ll work. I also cleaned her chin with some hydrogen peroxide to get the Crusts off.

any thoughts?

cmsandford

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Douxo (Chlorhexidine) pads are good for this...you can get on Chewy.com.
Key Benefits
  • These presoaked pads are a quick and easy way to clean and disinfect areas of localized pyoderma on the face/lip/tail, folds, interdigital areas, chin acne, and outer ear canals.
  • Micellar solution technology cleanses without stripping, is alcohol-free, and is non-greasy.
  • Phytosophingosine, a pro-ceramide, has anti-inflammatory properties and restores the skins natural barrier.
  • Chlorhexidine, an antiseptic, controls bacteria by disrupting the bacterial membrane. Climbazole, an imidazole compound works in controlling fungi and yeast populations.
  • 100% biodegradable and safe for dogs and cat.
Diluted peroxide is good...be cautious as peroxide can damage tissue in long run. I use a ceramic saucer instead of a bowl...never plastic of course...you're on the right path.