Cat Abdomial Is Huge And Breathing Fast Help

Sydneyrw

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi I am worried about my cat i adopted. I do not have money to take her to the vet. Her abdomial is really big. She breathes really fast and her fecies are solid and smell rancid. She eats fine and besides those symptoms seems healthy. Any sugestions on what it can be or help her?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where did you adopt her from? Did she get any vet care? Has she been de-wormed? Has she been spayed?

Is she panting hard right now or do you just think she breathes faster than most cats? If she is panting hard it's an emergency and you would need to find a way to get her to the vet or she could die.

The swollen abdomen could be pregnancy or worms, or something worse. There's no way to know without a vet checkup.

Providing proper medical care is part of responsible pet ownership. If that's not possible it may be best to find her a different home :(.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
You cat really needs to see a Vet ~~~ and Fast... We cannot provide medical information or diagnose things..

Breathing fast is a sign of problems with the heart or lungs.. You need to take care of this.

How old is your cat? How long have you had her? What is she eating? Is she peeing and pooping ok? Is she alert? Active? Playing?

Lots of questions.. but only a vet can diagnose.

If you cannot afford a Vet, you may have to surrender your cat to a rescue, so that she can get proper care..

There are links where you can find low cost vet care in your area; however, she needs to be seen as soon as possible. Some of these take a while to get; you do not have that extended length of time if it is a serious condition.

Financial Aid for Pets

Good luck and please keep us updated.

burningbright

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
As already mentioned it could be worms. If you can't afford a vet at least give pussy a worm pill, the one for roundworm as this won't do any harm anyway.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Read these for info on how to apply for financial help with vet bills and general tips:

No Money For Vet Care? How To Find Help And Save Your Cat's Life
Financial Aid for Pets

Look to see if there is a low cost vet clinic in your area. Do you have a PetSmart? Many PetSmart stores have a Banfield vet hospital inside that offers a free first exam (exam only. Any medicines and testing a pet needs is extra). VCA vet hospitals offer a similar free first exam. If you're located outside the US, try Googling for low cost vets. A Humane Society is a good place to ask.