Caspian hasn't used his litter box since being neutered?

alex17

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Caspian was neutered Monday and he has not used his litter box one time since then. I figured he was just uncomfortable so I didn't change the litter until Tuesday. I changed to a "softer" smaller grain litter that he used when he was just a few months old with no problem and that didn't work either. I tried another litter today and that hasn't worked either.

He has been going underneath my roommates desk (which is carpet). Has anyone had this problem after neutering? I have no idea what to do next to try to get him back to his litter box. He has never had any problems what so ever with his litter box habits. Since his neutering he has gone back to playing and he seems like the same kitty as before. What can I do now?

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Go back to the litter he was used to. Add some CatAttract to it. Use an enzyme cleaner to thoroughly clean the spots he has been using. Are you scooping the box at least once a day? He may have tried to use the box and had some pain doing so. Now he associates the pain with the box. You might have to get a new box and put it in the space underneath the desk.