Casper on my butt!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Feeling a bit poorly today... so I took at nap at MY condo (not Mom's house.) I knew there were cats on me and up against me, Tex for sure b/c of the cooing noises he makes.

But when I awoke, imagine my surprise to find ....... mega ultra scaredy boy CASPER sleeping on my backside! RIGHT NEXT TO TEX! Up to this point, the only other cat he seemed to tolerate was Ghost, who was - of course - pressed against my side. (Major mama's boy!
)

I hope this is a good sign b/c we had some backwards movement for a few days with Cas. I ended up spraying everything with Feliway in addition to the plugs and sequestering him at night. It seemed to help.

alicatjoy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Isn't it just so heartwarming when we have the opportunity to take notice of the seemingly little things in life (which are, by there very nature, the BIG things in life)?! I couldn't help but smile when I read this post.

It sounds as if Casper is coming around. I know it's usually one step forward and two steps back, but movement is movement. It sounds like the extra precautions you took helped him over his most recent hurdle and I hope things continue to improve for the little guy. In my opinion, most kitties thrive when having a snuggle buddy. I know you said that he already tolerates Ghost, but here's to hoping that maybe, someday, he'll have a new friend in Tex as well.

Oh, and I loved the title of this thread! Hopefully, you'll have many more occasions to yell out "Casper on my butt!" in the future

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! That's terrific! Baby steps baby steps

Originally Posted by Kailie

Your butt has magical powers!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kailie

Your butt has magical powers!
Oh my, Kailie!!!
That is toooo funny!!

And yes - it's been a challenge with Casper - AKA Cap'n Growly Pants. Archie keeps trying to play with him (Archie
to wrestle) and Cas shrieks and runs under the bed.

If he would just stop hissing, growling, yelling and taking off when the other cats approach....... mostly they just want to say hello and to horse around... and he does NOT get it. Wonder if he was taken from mom and sibbies too soon. ??? But he is a big ole lover-bug with me. BIG brown tabby with large green eyes that loves tummy rubs, head rubs, gives kisses and monster head-butts!!!!

Maybe I will try that calming collar Hissy mentioned in the deaf cat thread in the Behavior forum. Hmmmmm.....

To Allison - I did notice him touching noses with Tex briefly a few days ago... so there is always hope...

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's always Hope!

And you know, Jennie is about to celebrate her 3rd anniversary Gotcha Day and she hisses growls and swears at everyone all the time. Doesn't mean anything, it's just her habit.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by otto

There's always Hope!

And you know, Jennie is about to celebrate her 3rd anniversary Gotcha Day and she hisses growls and swears at everyone all the time. Doesn't mean anything, it's just her habit.
I just want him to be content... I am still not opposed to adopting him out, which was the original plan when I rescued him from euthanasia over a year ago. I still think he would be happiest as an ONLY with a human or two to dote just on him! Getting homes for solo, older cats is a huge challenge.

katkuddler

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Funny thing, I've got a Casper too (see pic below), and he also is a scaredy cat. Got kind of woosey since losing his manhood. But slowly he eases himself to be near...but not touching his bunky buddies.

tweetykiss

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, cats can get heavy and then wake us up but I don't mind when that happens.

Kailie, how do you manage your life with all your cats? LOL!!!!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tweetykiss

Yes, cats can get heavy and then wake us up but I don't mind when that happens.

Kailie, how do you manage your life with all your cats? LOL!!!!
Oh, Cas isn't heavy. He is just BIG!! Big fram - big, old tomcat head, broad shoulders, etc. Makes 10 pound Ghost look frail and petite. Now my boy Archie- he's getting his "chub" on and Rex is looking a bit like a furry cocktail sausage! They do plump up a bit for winter and slim down in the spring.