Caru

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im not great with photos. but i told someone i would post a photo of the Caru when i remembered :) My guys seem to be fond of the salmon and turkey. They are especially fond of it if i set the box in a bowl of really warm water for a bit before feeding. They like this one a little warm. The chicken we are not sure of yet, but they do look the same, just a bit different color.

IMG_0228.jpg

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Caru Pet Food Classics Stew for your cats

Mine are pretty similar, but I like your lighting better. I didn't have my selfie light clipped onto the Samsung.

I saw your review on Chewy. Those reviews are like love/hate. I'm so sorry it hasn't worked out for some of those pet parents.

lisamarie12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I purchased Caru's turkey stew today -- wow, my cats inhaled the food, I didn't even need to use any freeze dried meat toppers on the food, they loved it.

One cat is allergic to eggs so likely it won't be a regular part of his diet but I'll definitely use this for my other cat.

I was concerned about the carb percentage given that tapioca starch, sweet potatoes and carrots are included, however, I ran the guaranteed analysis numbers (and estimating ash at 2%):

Carbohydrate & Calorie Online Calculator | Feline Nutrition Awareness Effort

and it came up -1.5 % carbs which must be a mistake, however, I'll give the company a call Monday to see if I can get an accurate figure as well as the phos percentage.

Very pleased with this food, it's been vetted also human grade which makes it even all the better.

I'm glad to see that Chewy has it -- it comes out to $2.69 for 6 oz, expensive but much cheaper actually than other brands I've used, e.g., Instinct 5.5 oz.

I paid retail prices today, $3.19 each.

Thanks duckpond, I saw you recommended this food on another post as well. :)

Last edited: