Cars! Arrrghhh

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I was out shopping today, when my battery died. Luckily, I was in a Wawa parking lot, and a customer and a Wawa employee helped me (I had no jumper cables. I had some years ago, never replaced them). I'm so lucky they were there to help me, they were so nice! Looks like I'm giving myself a new battery for Christmas!

And four new tires. Ouch.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I was out shopping today, when my battery died.
Although cars are a necessity the repairs are costly. My husband needed an oil change and ended up having to replace his battery too. But living in an area with cold winters I told him better to do it now than to have it die during a blizzard.

Enjoy your new Christmas present. 😉 Be sure to ask how long the warranty is good for?

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A couple of months ago, I had to get the air conditioning system on our vehicle repaired, to the tune of over $3,000. Oh, what fun that was. I also checked the battery, and found that it was the original one, with a 2014 manufacture date on it. Just to be safe, I replaced it, since twice I have been stranded by batteries that suddenly died, without any warning.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Car stuff is a blast. DH is really good about the regular maintenance on our cars and my stepdad is a mechanic. (Airplane by trade, car by hobby.) That helps so much when something goes wrong! I don’t like asking my stepdad for everything but DH will help. Too many times people take advantage and I don’t want to be like that.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I got new tires last year for the Tucson. And brakes. Ouch. (And, as much as I've driven this year, those tires and brakes should still be brand spanking new.) I do need to get both Clarence and the Tucson inspected. Going to call for appts tomorrow and will get the inspections done after New Year.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got new tires last year for the Tucson. And brakes. Ouch. (And, as much as I've driven this year, those tires and brakes should still be brand spanking new.) I do need to get both Clarence and the Tucson inspected. Going to call for appts tomorrow and will get the inspections done after New Year.
I don't know how much salt that PA uses, or if they use it on the roads at all, but here, because I don't drive every day, or sometimes for several days at a time, I have problems with the rotors rusting, and they make a gawdawful noise until the rust is rubbed off. It doesn't do anything good for the pad life, either.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
My husband needed an oil change and ended up having to replace his battery too.
I don’t know about yours, but mine gets really cranky before an oil change and sluggish before a battery replacement. Still, it’s cheaper than trading him in. :lol:

Sorry. Couldn’t help myself. :paperbag:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Car trouble is just the worst. Nothing ruins your day or week faster.
A couple of months ago, I had to get the air conditioning system on our vehicle repaired, to the tune of over $3,000. Oh, what fun that was. I also checked the battery, and found that it was the original one, with a 2014 manufacture date on it. Just to be safe, I replaced it, since twice I have been stranded by batteries that suddenly died, without any warning.
Six years in an original battery is amazing! I hope you thanked it. They are usually only good for three or four years So I always replace them before they die on me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Of course, the $100 one Walmart claimed was in stock before DH went there wasn't in stock. He had to go to Auto Zone...$200. Fun times!