Carrie Fisher

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Carrie Fisher has passed and she was only 60.  I think she was amazing and so much more than her role in Star Wars.  She was also a talented author and was so funny.  Tina Fey says that she was a big influence for her.  I loved that she didn't get into the Hollywood thing of trying to look younger than she was, she let her hair go gray and didn't get all glammed up, she was so real and down to earth.  Debbie Reynolds is still  alive, it is so difficult for a parent to outlive their child.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah this was a sad one for sure. She was very talented and yes- funny! I read a couple of her books and they were good. It doesn't sound like she suffered and I hope that is the case. May she RIP. When she was listed as stable, I was hoping she'd be able to recover. So sad. 

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just read that her mom Debbie Reynolds passed away today at 84 from a stroke. She was at her son Todd Fisher's home planning Carrie's funeral when it happened. This is so sad. Now the family must plan a double funeral. May both of these beautiful, talented ladies RIP.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just came here to post this.  I had heard earlier today that she was taken to the hospital with a possible.  At 84 she was probably not able to survive the death of a child.  That is the worst loss to get through, it takes a huge toll on people who are much younger than she was.  

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The news of Debbie Reynolds passing away 1 day after her daughter, Carrie Fisher's death, is so dreadfully sad.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
  Debbie Reynolds.  I can't imagine a worse pain than outliving your child.  First Carrie Fisher, now Debbie Reynolds - this is just so much sorrow at once.  My heart goes out to the surviving family members.  

Last edited: