Carpet stain , urine or throw up?

snowkitten

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello! So this morning I found a stain in my room that I am pretty sure wasn't there before. I have no idea when or how it got there but it was dry by the time I started cleaning it up with some enzyme cleaner I have. But I can't figure out if my kitten urinated or threw up or if it was something else. I got down on my hands and knees (😭) to sniff but it didn't seem to smell like cat urine , it just had a weird smell. He also hasn't had any accidents since I've had him (we're going on 3 months together, he is 4 months). When I cleaned it up, it came out a yellow/brown color... 🤔 I think if it had been urine, I would've smelled it right away but I'm not sure. He has a vet appointment soon and if it's bile/throw up, then I'd like to bring it up. Thank you!

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you have kids/young siblings?or other pets or water stains on your ceiling/wallsand trimming along the floor you would be surprised at the paths water can take when it comes to leaks in piping or the roof

Heart For Cats

Cat Lover Forever
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When my cats threw up liquid, usually it was only fully digested cat food. Do you ever see any of that or is it all yellow?

Check the litterbox to see if your cat's urine output is normal.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
For next time (hopefully there isn't one, but...) you might consider picking up a black light. It's too late for this stain since you already used the enzymatic cleaner and the black light will show that, but in future it could help tell you whether it's something your kitten did.