Caring For A Rescue Litter

KittehCatSwag

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
On the 20th of August, I was walking home from work, and had noticed a small cat laying in a storm drain.

Being the cat lover I am, I tried calling it over to me, and surprisingly it came over to me eagerly. While petting her, I noticed her bones are way too noticeable to touch (she was fluffy so you couldn't see the bones), and her belly was really bloated. I had suspected she was pregnant, and from the looks of it like she was about to give birth soon. So I picked her up, took us to Petco, bought her some food, blankets, etc. On my way there, my hand is on her stomach, and I felt movement. Between that and other signs I was noticing, she was going to give birth either that night or next morning.

Luckily for me, it was the next morning, and she gave birth to 6 beautiful kittens

I'm glad I was able to find her and get her off the street, and give her a clean, safe environment to have her babs in, and have actually decided to foster them and get them spayed/neutered, vaxed, chipped and tested before I set them up with some furever homes!

Honestly, this is going to be quite the investment, so I've started a GoFundMe to help with the costs of it all.

Click here to support Help Me Home A Cat Family organized by Jasmine Moore

I have also started a Wishlist, incase anyone would prefer to help with the monthly expenses instead: Your List

The goal goes towards the vet visits, tests and treatments, sterilization, chipping, vaxing, and the monthly costs that I can't completely cover. This will also help decongest the shelters around me, considering they are so packed, they are actively seeking other fosters. Any money that is left over will either be donated, or go towards another rescue.

Any donations, shares, anything is super appreciated. Please and thank you!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
MOD NOTE:

To all members, a reminder that it is your responsibility to check out these solicitations to the best of your ability. Thecatsite.com does not stand behind any solicitation of funds for any reasons that appear in the forums unless explicitly authorized.

Please note that this is a generic note added after all pleas for money.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KittehCatSwag

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
MOD NOTE:

To all members, a reminder that it is your responsibility to check out these solicitations to the best of your ability. Thecatsite.com does not stand behind any solicitation of funds for any reasons that appear in the forums unless explicitly authorized.

Please note that this is a generic note added after all pleas for money.

Gotta say, as someone who mods other sorts if chatrooms online, this is a great reminder to put on posts like mine.

That being said, if anyone is interested at all in cost breakdowns, knowledge on where I will be going, up to date photos on the family, etc., I am more than happy to provide that, along with anything else that will give someone comfort in their choice to support the GoFundMe and/or Wishlist.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How are things going with your adorable little kitty family? I cant do anything this month except do a bump up & add prayers that you get donations. Bless you for rescuing that precious mama kitty just in the nick of time!:vibes::vibes::vibes::heartshape:

KittehCatSwag

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How are things going with your adorable little kitty family? I cant do anything this month except do a bump up & add prayers that you get donations. Bless you for rescuing that precious mama kitty just in the nick of time!:vibes::vibes::vibes::heartshape:

Whew, sorry for the super late reply, work has been kicking my butt!

Things are going great! The kittens are healthy and getting so big, and mama Nutmeg is getting fat and happy haha also, the bump and prayers are more than enough, thank you so much!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the name Nutmeg & I publicly shared on FB the updated GoFundMe page. You are doing an awesome job for that kitty family :rock:
I enjoyed reading your update there:happycat::climbcat::runningcat::dizzycat::dancingblackcat:

KittehCatSwag

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I love the name Nutmeg & I publicly shared on FB the updated GoFundMe page. You are doing an awesome job for that kitty family :rock:
I enjoyed reading your update there:happycat::climbcat::runningcat::dizzycat::dancingblackcat:

Thank you so incredibly much!!