Caring for a pregnant feral

thecrew57

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So happy to have ran into this site. For the last 3 years I have been trapping my outside ferrer cats. They are great cats. I neuter and spade the cats which need it. One of the female cats seem to get pregnant again. She is hard to catch but I keep trying. We call her LADY because thats what comes to mind when I see her. She had her kittens in the house we build outside . It has straw in it. The other house we set it up with a warm heater blanket. She choice the house with no heat. She had 4 little kittens. Its the 3rd day. We keep checking them and always feeding her. Is there anything that i need to do to make it better and comfortable. The degrees here is 30 at night or less. I live in New york city , The bronx.Anything to give me feedback. I would be gratefully thankful. Thank you

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bless your heart!  Thank you so much for helping all of them.

Is the new momma wild or might you be able to bring her inside?  She and the kittens would benefit from a room of their own.  Plus, that would help you when the time comes to fix her and it will help you socialize the kittens.

If not, it sounds like she may have found her own solution in the house you've provided.

Please feed her as much wet food as she'll eat.  Kitten food has lots of extra nutrition and she could use that now. if you can get it.