Careless Drivers

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I’ve had this kind of thing happen when I was 8 1/2 months pregnant with DS. The hormonally charged rant I left on Facebook was epic for me. I laugh every time it shows up in my memories. (But man I was mad then!!) I had to slide my body along my “pollen crusted” vehicle to get in. Next to me was one of those obnoxiously large pickup trucks. I was sitting there debating leaving them a note when some woman hopped in and pulled out like no big deal. I don’t think she even noticed or saw me! :angrywoman::lol2: At least DD wasn’t with me. I wouldn’t have gotten her in her car seat if it had been on that side.

It happened again at an orchard when DS was in one of those rear facing car seats and I was alone with both kids (so a baby and a toddler). I had already put DD in her harnessed seat on the other side so I had to climb over her to put him in his seat. I couldn’t tighten his straps till I pulled the car forward a bit. People generally don’t think about others situations unless they’ve been there recently!

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I still don't get how people can't park....especially when there are LINES!!!! And even of there are no lines, it's not hard...
The worst is when someone deliberately double parks to "protect" their car. I have on several occasions wanted sooooo badly to "accidentally" bump my grocery cart or scratch it in some way.
I remember one time. My friend and I were walking in a parking lot and came across one of those, I laughed and said to her, "You know, people like this deserve to have their car keyed....should I do it? (I was kidding....sort of). We both laughed and continued walking, but as I looked back, the dink face driver of the car was there! And he heard me!!! LOL!!! He made eye contacted and I just smirked at him like "you luck out this time buddy!" He quickly got into his car, and drove off. Again, I have to repeat that, I would not have done it...I just can't do stuff like that, but he didn't have to know that! :redtongue: Sometimes I wish I didn't have as much of a conscience... :bat: ;)

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I used to work in the same building as a senior citizen center. And an eye doctor. I definitely saw some creative parking. Once I had to back down an aisle because I couldn't get around a car that was so far out. :crazy:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is why I permanently parked my car last year. I was never a good driver and I hated driving. Now my poor little Corolla is just sitting in my driveway with no one to drive it.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
When visiting the hospital a few months ago, I had to get into my vehicle on the right and climb over the console because the person to my left had parked so close. When I was younger, not a problem. But getting over that console now - I'll be seventy next month - was tough!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Several years ago, we were in Canada. We had stopped at a lock to watch a cargo ship and see how they raised and lowered the water level. Well, we pulled in and just as we did, a bus driver pulled in next to us, so close that Rick couldn't even open the bloody door. He was way over the line. Bus driver got out, looked and smirked. I gave him the finger, which really peeved him off. He came over and asked me if I had a problem. I won't repeat what I said; if you take out all the cuss-words, I didn't say a thing. He just looked at me and then asked Rick if he was going to "let her talk to me that way". To which Rick pretty much repeated everything I said. To his credit, the idiot bus driver did move his bus. But it was ugly for a while. I think having a bus load of passengers who agreed with us changed his mind. Because they were right there and they even told him to move the bus.

BlackCatOp

Black Cats Rule!
Adult Cat
Purraise
I understand the frustration of people who park over the line, but what really ruffles my tail feathers is people who sling their car door into other people’s cars. I always try to park away from other cars to prevent door dings on my vehicle but even still it amazes me how inconsiderate people can be. How hard is it to hold on to your door when you open it? One time I came out from the store and found a good ding in my car and realized the culprit was the car next to me. I confronted the owner of the car and made him cough up $100 bucks. The ding still irks me every time my eyes catch it but at least I made it painful for him too. When I finally save up to purchase my new vehicle, I will be installing dash cams that also record parked car video. Then I will catch all of those door dingers!

-Sorry for the rant-

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have young kids so having them carelessly open their doors is something I’m conciseness of. Or having the wind grab their door. If people center their vehicles in the spaces; its rarely a problem. I drive a wagon (subaru Outback) and DH has an suv. So neither are that small. Sometimes I have them get out or in on the other side or wait for me to hold their doors. Its when people don’t park well that it’s an issue.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a therapy appointment a few years ago where I parked in the lines and while I was in my appointment, someone came and parked so close to me that I could only open my door a few inches. They were obviously very much over the lines. I was pissed. I had to get in through the passenger's door. I then as retaliation slammed open the driver's side door several times to make sure there was a giant dent in their car. Immature? Yes. Did I care? Absolutely not. I still don't even care.

BlackCatOp

Black Cats Rule!
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had a therapy appointment a few years ago where I parked in the lines and while I was in my appointment, someone came and parked so close to me that I could only open my door a few inches. They were obviously very much over the lines. I was pissed. I had to get in through the passenger's door. I then as retaliation slammed open the driver's side door several times to make sure there was a giant dent in their car. Immature? Yes. Did I care? Absolutely not. I still don't even care.

TBH, I think you should consider exchanging your therapy appointment for an anger management class. (JK but really….)

I guess, I always try to give the other person the benefit of the doubt and I don’t take their bad park job as such a personal attack. While I see that it’s an unpopular opinion, bad park jobs don’t really bother me as the consequences are not that serious (vs driving while texting or DUI or basically anything else involving a motor vehicle.)

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I understand the frustration of people who park over the line, but what really ruffles my tail feathers is people who sling their car door into other people’s cars. I always try to park away from other cars to prevent door dings on my vehicle but even still it amazes me how inconsiderate people can be. How hard is it to hold on to your door when you open it? One time I came out from the store and found a good ding in my car and realized the culprit was the car next to me. I confronted the owner of the car and made him cough up $100 bucks. The ding still irks me every time my eyes catch it but at least I made it painful for him too. When I finally save up to purchase my new vehicle, I will be installing dash cams that also record parked car video. Then I will catch all of those door dingers!

-Sorry for the rant-
Happened to me a few days ago at the vet. 😬

My mom parked close to another vehicle. She got out before me and said, "Watch the car beside you when you open the door." I didn't fully hear what she said, so I swung the door and heard "clonk". Then I went, "Oh...".

I don't do this on purpose, I swear. I have a hard time focusing and paying attention so when we're somewhere fun or I'm nervous (like being at the vet), I'm just not paying attention.

I also did this to another car when I was younger one time when we went to the mall and it actually left a dent. I panicked and didn't say anything. I know... I'm going to hell... 😔