Capturing a cats nature

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
Has anyone seen the all state commercial that does a great job of capturing a cats’ nature? I just love when the visitors want to pet the “kitty” and he swatted their hand! Didn’t really know where to post it but wondered if anyone else could relate their cat’s behavior in that commercial? I sure could! I adore my felines :thumbsup:
8852DAC4-D01C-4C2F-973C-B715F0D0164B.jpeg

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I have not seen that commercial, but my Bourbon is a snob and would swat anyone's hand with a hiss or a growl when somebody else other than me attempts to pet her. :)

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This commercial promotes the stereotypical view about cats and depicts why the BBC article about cats and discussed on this site, resonates with some people.

I happen to like this actor (saw him in the TV show OZ) and I do think the ad is funny.

But sadly some people think this is how all cats behave. This belief promotes a dislike of cats and even violence towards them. Afterall, if something is evil and destroys your home................

Some would say im being overly sensitive. But in a society that has run amok with political correctness, why shouldn't similar consideration be given to animals.

No Allstate Insurance for our family.

Ps, ive never seen greg or arnold swat a stranger's hand. Greg is more likely to flop on the floor and want his tummy rubbed.

20160807_225614.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
I’m sorry you feel that way...there’s many more commercials, you tube videos and funniest home videos depicting dogs in the same manner. No body who truly loves animals would view cats like you believe. It’s a light hearted approach to the “joys” of being a pet owner... and you summed it up by saying in this pc world; people can find anything to be offended about-sad truth about the state of our world:/

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I have had a flood due to Tik (RIP) turning the taps on he did it at night, we didn't hear the water found out when I went to the loo and was paddling :lol: yes I can laugh about it now but at the time I was not impressed.