Can't Insert Image into Signature Bar Anymore

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I've been trying to update my signature block (or experiment to see if I like the way the new image looks), but when I click on the photo icon, I get a block that wants an http link. I can't insert a jpeg.

1575144102280.png

I'm using a MacBook Pro. I can insert images into regular posts with no problem. (Obviously, since I just did it here!) And interestingly, I can insert an image in the signature block using my iPad, but it's pixelated and fuzzy so that doesn't help me.

Any ideas? Suggestions? Thanks!

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been having that predicament for days. I thought I was not making it right. :)

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've had this problem ever since the recent site upgrade. For example, I can paste a banner here, but not in the signature space.

Edit # 1: When I posted the banner, it gave me an URL to use in my signature. So a workaround, I guess, for now.

Edit # 2: I deleted the banner from this post, and followed the directions below, and voila - it worked. :)

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I've never been able to just copy and paste a picture for a signature, although rubysmama pointed out after the platform switch that it no longer worked for her. The instructions for this platform have always been to upload them to an album in your media area and then use that link -

Go into the media section from the top menu bar add click on add media -

media1.jpg

If this is your first time doing it, it's probably best to create a personal album

media2.jpg

Upload your signature and give a name for the album -

media3.jpg

After you hit save, the image will be on the top. Scroll to the bottom right-hand side for the share options. You want to copy the IMG code and paste that into the signature box.

media4.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
I've never been able to just copy and paste a picture for a signature
I've always been able to insert a photo from my desktop without first putting it into my media. I guess the upgrade did away with that capability. I'll give your instructions a try! Thanks, AbbysMom AbbysMom .

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
Well, that didn't work, but perhaps it was because I didn't delete my existing image. I didn't want to run the risk of losing it if I couldn't get the newer one to load. Again, I've left the original in the past when I was experimenting with a new image, but apparently the upgrade isn't going to let me do that. Oh, well. Not a big deal. I'll keep playing around with it.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It was easier before, especially if you were experimenting with a banner. This way, you have to upload every banner to the media section, just so you can see if it works. But I just tested, and you can delete them, so that's good.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Well, that didn't work, but perhaps it was because I didn't delete my existing image. I didn't want to run the risk of losing it if I couldn't get the newer one to load. Again, I've left the original in the past when I was experimenting with a new image, but apparently the upgrade isn't going to let me do that. Oh, well. Not a big deal. I'll keep playing around with it.
I've coped your signature to my computer so if you lose it somehow I have a copy.

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
I've coped your signature to my computer so if you lose it somehow I have a copy.
Thank you, AbbysMom AbbysMom . That's very thoughtful of you. I do have it saved on my computer as well. My concern is that if I were to delete it from my signature block, I wouldn't be able to get it back again--or that it would be fuzzy. I've continued to try to insert a new signature image following your instructions but with no success. It shows the link (see below), but I get an error message when I tap Preview. Also, the new image isn't as crisp as the one I'm currently using, even though I did exactly the same thing as before from the same document on my computer. Weird. Anyway, not worth spending any more time on it either for you or for me! I'm fine with the image I'm currently using. I was just playing around.

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
Hmm. It showed up in the message as the image itself rather than as the link. The image wasn't showing up, however, in the signature block. Eh. I'm movin' on! Thanks, though. :)

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
Thank you!