Resolved Can't Edit My Profile

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Several things got messed up in my profile in the move, including my signature. I can't find any way to edit anything in the profile. Is this a general problem or just a glitch in my account?

HellaSteph

Unicorn Seeker
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi GoldyCat GoldyCat , what are you trying to edit in your signature specifically? I know there's some limitations that have been placed but I'd like to make sure we're talking about the same things here.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I cannot edit anything.

The fonts in my signature are weird. The first line is in blue italics and the other 2 lines are normal black fonts. I would also like to add one of my signature banners.

Some of the general information in the About area is missing, the sentences simply got cut off. There's no way to go back in and add or change the text.

HellaSteph

Unicorn Seeker
Super Cat
Purraise
I cannot edit anything.

The fonts in my signature are weird. The first line is in blue italics and the other 2 lines are normal black fonts. I would also like to add one of my signature banners.

Some of the general information in the About area is missing, the sentences simply got cut off. There's no way to go back in and add or change the text.
Hi goldycat, I was able to figure out what happened. Could you give it a try now? Let me know how it goes for you.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Hi goldycat, I was able to figure out what happened. Could you give it a try now? Let me know how it goes for you.
I can now edit, but there are some limitations in the signature. I cannot keep the same text and just change the font so everything matches because I get a message that my signature is too long. Guess I'll have to figure out a different signature.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am just now seeing the new format & look of the site. There are a couple of things that need changing in my profile, but I was not able to see anywhere to edit these two things.
1- my B-day month is wrong, &
2- I'd like to correct the small "a" of Angel's name into a capital "A" in my user name.

Thanks!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Hi angels mommy angels mommy ! :wave3: Nice to see you.

The capitalization is a known issue that they are working on. It's lower on the priority list. :)

What's your correct birth month?

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I just updated the month as well. :hellocomputer:

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
There are some limitations in the signature.
Yes, there are. Because we now allow signature images again, we had to limit the number of permitted lines in a signature. It may change again in the future but for now, we're limiting signatures to two lines. If you use an image, it will count as a line, either 2 lines of text or 1 line + image.

I realize this means we have to downsize our signatures. I did the same with mine yesterday. We may change that in the future but we need to see what things look like as more people add images.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Yes, there are. Because we now allow signature images again, we had to limit the number of permitted lines in a signature. It may change again in the future but for now, we're limiting signatures to two lines. If you use an image, it will count as a line, either 2 lines of text or 1 line + image.

I realize this means we have to downsize our signatures. I did the same with mine yesterday. We may change that in the future but we need to see what things look like as more people add images.
I currently have 3 lines in my signature. It takes 2 lines to name all my cats and the 3rd line has the link to the article on staff roles. If I want to keep that 3rd line I guess I'll have to either get all the cat names in a banner or just leave some of them out.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Anne!
I also wish there were more space in "what you do for a living." I couldn't even get a full sentence. Had to try & shorten it, because the previous was cut offid sentence.