Canned IBD diet

thecatlady3

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My 11 year old Zeldan was just diagnosed with IBD. I am a little bit overwhelmed with choosing a food for him. I did some searching and had some options to try but gah now I can’t find those pages. He is on a canned food diet currently but has gotten very picky and of course vomiting a couple times a week 😔He will not eat vet food!

I want to keep him on a canned diet but not sure where to start! He tends to prefer “shred” type food. I went to my pet store on Friday and got him some Weruva. He seems to like that a bit but not crazy over it. I am willing to transition him to raw but have tried it in the past without much success. So will need a canned food to transition him to in the mean time.

I am in Canada so limited by selection. Locally I have Walmart, petsmart and Bosleys. Any suggestions?

thanks everyone

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Since you have access to Petsmart, you might try some of the Tiki Cat After Dark. That comes in both pate AND shreds. Plus they have some interesting shreds flavors, like chicken and quail, chicken and pork, etc. Of course, if he doesn't like chicken, you're out of luck because it appears every thing has chicken in it. However, no carrageenan, which is good, since it's bad for IBD cats, per the first website listed above.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you give her rawz, koha,or Instinct duck or Turkey pate mixed in with some tiki after dark? Instinct and koha stink but my cats love it. chicken my cat is allergic to. Besides fish,cats are more likely to be allergic to it so I avoid it for my cat with a sensitive tummy