Canned Food ?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!

He IS beautiful!!! and that's a terrific picture of him - nicely done!

Would you be able to obtain some fancy feast, or could you order Paws and Claws from Tractor Supply? There's also Merrick Backcountry, Natural Balance, and the foods that are available in your local grocery store are decent.

Try a flat paper plate, sometimes that helps cats to eat, and maybe there is something here if you aren't already familiar with this article;

Transitioning Your Cat From Kibble To A New Type Of Food (canned, Raw, Or Homemade)

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Have you tried a couple different textures? My picky kitty won't eat chunks or most shreds (some Tiki Cat is an exception) but she does like mousse and pates. I actually thin pate with bone broth or kitten milk replacer and she dives right in! Serving it warm or with some crumbled kibble/freeze dried food also is a way I entice her :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Minxxy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi!

He IS beautiful!!! and that's a terrific picture of him - nicely done!

Would you be able to obtain some fancy feast, or could you order Paws and Claws from Tractor Supply? There's also Merrick Backcountry, Natural Balance, and the foods that are available in your local grocery store are decent.

Try a flat paper plate, sometimes that helps cats to eat, and maybe there is something here if you aren't already familiar with this article;

Transitioning Your Cat From Kibble To A New Type Of Food (canned, Raw, Or Homemade)
Thank you so much. Fancy Feast is a great idea. I’ll try it.

Minxxy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am presuming he likes dry good. Try mixing some wet good with the dry, at first just enough to coat the wet. If he eats it, slowely add more wet.
Yes he loves kibble. I try the mixing idea. Thank you.

Minxxy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi. Thanks for the pic! I have nothing to offer about the food, I just wanted to say I love hearing those words "my former stray kitty". Yay Snickers!!
Thank you so much. Yeah we love him so much. He’s super sweet.

Minxxy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He looks quite regal.

We have a picky kitty. So far he only likes the Caru stews and Life’s Abundance pate. We started by topping the food with some cooked chicken to entice him.
Thank you so much.

Minxxy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Have you tried a couple different textures? My picky kitty won't eat chunks or most shreds (some Tiki Cat is an exception) but she does like mousse and pates. I actually thin pate with bone broth or kitten milk replacer and she dives right in! Serving it warm or with some crumbled kibble/freeze dried food also is a way I entice her :)
Thank you. I’ll try that.