Canned Food Question

liman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Will it upset my kitty's stomach to switch canned food flavors every day? Let me elaborate. I am feeding the same brand but am wondering if it matters if I give chicken canned one day and then salmon then next. They would only be eating a half of a can each each day and their regular dry food.

Thanks for any input.

nern

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by liman
Will it upset my kitty's stomach to switch canned food flavors every day? Let me elaborate. I am feeding the same brand but am wondering if it matters if I give chicken canned one day and then salmon then next. They would only be eating a half of a can each each day and their regular dry food.

Thanks for any input.
I wouldnt think so. I give mine various brands of canned foods and it doesnt upset their stomaches but I only split one small can every other day between the four of them. Still, I wouldnt think so though since its the same brand only differnt flavors.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

liman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks.

ceehorne

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I agree I feed my cats all of the flavors and they are all fine.

Denise

angelzoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's something I've always been curious about, but I have never seen any issues with it with my cats, nor have I heard anything bad from anyone else.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

liman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks again everyone!

dtolle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I also vary the flavors when I give canned food, although mine only get canned food as an occasional treat.:tounge2: But I also vary my dry food that I serve them, and have never once had a problem .I know others here say to always give the same food, but I've never had a problem w/ variety so I buy different things and they seem to love it!