Canned Chicken versus Dry Food Chicken

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have feed the same brand of Cat food essentially since I got both boys in '19. I feed "Blue Buffalo " both wet and dry. When I was feeding wet kitten food there wasn't any issue. Since switching to adult canned Chicken. I have found that this recipe doesn't agree with their stomachs. There has never been any issue with the dry food product. Has anybody else experienced a similar problem ?

ladytimedramon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Check the ingredients. Something may be in the adult food that's not in the kitten food.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Assuming it is the Blue Wilderness version, it looks like they removed dried egg and salmon oil from the kitten food and replaced it with pea flour, pea fiber and fish oil in the adult one. Could be enough to pose an issue. Here are links to the ingredients for each on Chewy's web site.
BLUE BUFFALO Wilderness Kitten Chicken Grain-Free Canned Cat Food, 3-oz, case of 24 - Chewy.com
BLUE BUFFALO Wilderness Mature Chicken Recipe Grain-Free Canned Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 24 - Chewy.com
Thanks for description of the individual Food cans. Yes I use "Wilderness Recipe ". I generally buy dry chicken with hairball control. I tried the dry seafood choices but the boys don’t seem too interested.