Canidae Discontinuing Some/all Of The Pure Line :(

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
So my picky boy Alasdair LOVES these, and this is the last of our stash
received_1967103453406479.jpeg
I've had a really hard time getting more for the last month or two. A lady at Petco swore they were probably just updating the packaging, but I got a bad feeling so I finally wrote to Canidae and got the news: These are being discontinued.

:bawling:

Fffffffffffffff !!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
Update: Canidae is for sure discontinuing the Pure LID, WILD, and ADORE lines.
:bawling2:
Screenshot_20190125-160920_Chrome.jpg

PS "hear"
omg go ahead, rub salt in the wound.
:disappointed:

mysterylover

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ugh. Funny, I have an old can of the Pure LID duck here. I remembered the Wild line and was considering trying it on my questionable IBS/IBD cat (right now, he is eating only Lotus Just Juicy (chicken, turkey, and pork), and it is so expensive (I have three cats, so they are all eating that exclusively at this time), and I have been looking at other limited-ingredient options that he has not tried yet, hoping for another winner in terms of it not causing diarrhea. I was not happy with the pea protein in the Pure line, since my cat had diarrhea when Instinct reformulated by adding all the pea protein, but the Wild line was cleaner (though high in fat, which I question if my cat also has become intolerant to the fat contents in some that push 50%). Thanks for posting. I know not to try this one now.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry to hear that. Maybe if you could ask if you get enough people to complain, will they continue it? Get a sign up sheet going and give them some profitable numbers or even people willing to place orders. It’s about the bottom line to them. Cost effectiveness.
So many cat foods make cats sck, ifyou found s good one, others might be willing to go there!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Update: Canidae is for sure discontinuing the Pure LID, WILD, and ADORE lines.
:bawling2:
View attachment 271976

PS "hear"
omg go ahead, rub salt in the wound.
:disappointed:
Tempted (for fun) but nope. Won't do that..:wave2:
This is what pisses me off about companies everywhere, they get a good thing going, then either change things up or discontinue and then people are left scrambling to find a good alternative.
This is crap with a picky cat, but life threatening with a sick cat that's latched their palate onto one brand and won't take "it's ceased to be" for an answer.:(

LadyLondonderry

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tempted (for fun) but nope. Won't do that..:wave2:
This is what pisses me off about companies everywhere, they get a good thing going, then either change things up or discontinue and then people are left scrambling to find a good alternative.
This is crap with a picky cat, but life threatening with a sick cat that's latched their palate onto one brand and won't take "it's ceased to be" for an answer.:(
And this is why I totally understand why people resort to raw and/or homecooked food for their cats. I've often been drawn in that direction, but with a cat who can't eat chicken and has a limited tolerance for turkey, it becomes a bit more costly and complicated, so for now I'm sticking with mostly canned and some freeze-dried raw — rotating brands and flavors so I won't be "it" when the music stops in this particular game of Musical Chairs.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry to hear that. Maybe if you could ask if you get enough people to complain, will they continue it? Get a sign up sheet going and give them some profitable numbers or even people willing to place orders. It’s about the bottom line to them. Cost effectiveness.
So many cat foods make cats sck, ifyou found s good one, others might be willing to go there!
I emailed Canidae about the frontier trail chicken and wildwood fields Turkey asking if they would sell it again. Please, anyone interested, email them. It is the only food my cat does not throw up!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If we keep this thread active, maybe more people will see it and respond. There is strength in numbers. I do not do raw either. I care for a great many and that would be overwhelming. That can be fairly complicated too. I worry that my kitty could not tolerate the risk of raw either. He is FeLV and an older kitty. I will tag you on another thread as well with the need about the food. Maybe others there will help. There are some awesome people who have been very supportive there.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It varies but unfortunately they want Shreds! My FeLV can only tolerate juicy food and the Fancy Feast pate is one he can lick. They all get that. He can eat small amounts of Rachel Ray dry. I buy all sorts of foods to switch it up for them just trying to get nourishing food into them. It’s a daily battle. I live in an area where choices are limited but if I go to the pet supply places it’s better. My vet carries nothing that helps. I do resort to boiling chicken sometimes but can’t do that often. There are a lot of rescue kitties here. If I ever find anything better that they’ll actually eat, I’m going to buy it by the truck load! Lol
We had a few weeks where I feel the food was actually tainted. Every single cat got sick the same feeding! It was a nightmare. After that they refused everything. It’s been a juggling act ever since. The Fancy Frast pate has been the one they eat the best but I still search for something else. I totally sympathize with your need to keep them manufacturing that food! I plan to tell them how it has been recommended for many online, including my many kitties and that I plan to link others. We can try!
I already put a link to here on the other thread. I hope it helps.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately,she does not like fish. I'm afraid if I give her dry she will eat too fast and throw up. I try to be sure she has a food that's high in fat,low carb. Partly because she only eats 3 oz+ and weighs 7pds.Tiki is too expensive but it's the only other brand I could find with no allergens.