Canadian Thanksgiving

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just wanted to wish all the Canadians a safe and happy Thanksgiving. Today we are having dinner at my daughter's place and tomorrow at my SO's daughter. I've got a turkey just about ready to remove from the oven and put in my vegetable dishes. Made the cranberry sauce yesterday. I did the slow cooker stuffing - not sure if everyone will like it but that's what it is.

My SO's daughter's husband is a chef so our dinner tomorrow should be interesting. Last year he did a "roast" of turkey meat wrapped in duck, tied up and cooked. It was delicious.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to everyone in Canada! I'm way behind this holiday, haven't even made the grocery list much less bought the food yet. I don't know if I'll ever get used to Thanksgiving being so early.

motoko9

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

My SO's daughter's husband is a chef so our dinner tomorrow should be interesting. Last year he did a "roast" of turkey meat wrapped in duck, tied up and cooked. It was delicious.
That sounds along the lines of turducken, which I've heard of but never had.

Happy Thanksgiving to our friends in Canada!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

I thought it was on Monday! Happy Thanksgiving to our friends north of the border!!!!!!
It is, but a lot of people have dinners all weekend. I have dinner with my family tonight and my husbands family tomorrow.
I love turkey. I tried to find a small enough one to buy to put in the freezer because they are on sale for .99 cents a pound but they were all like 12-15 pounds and I usually buy a 6-8 pound one for just me and my husband. It feeds us for dinner, then lunch and dinner the next day and then I make turkey rice soup.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy thansgiving,its better I think to have the dinner and celebration at the weekend if you've got work on monday.I must phone my grandad,he lives in Cananda and wish him a happy thanksgiving.x

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, Laurie, Thanksgiving Day is actually on Monday but we usually do the big family get-together dinner on Saturday or Sunday so we can all kick back and relax after all the preparations, tons of food and clean up, especially for the person hosting who most likely will have to go to work early Tuesday morning.

Everything I made turned out perfect! My first ever Turkey was done to perfection and moist. There was very little food left over. Not everyone was able to make it but we had 17 of us.

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Yes, Laurie, Thanksgiving Day is actually on Monday but we usually do the big family get-together dinner on Saturday or Sunday so we can all kick back and relax after all the preparations, tons of food and clean up, especially for the person hosting who most likely will have to go to work early Tuesday morning.

Everything I made turned out perfect! My first ever Turkey was done to perfection and moist. There was very little food left over. Not everyone was able to make it but we had 17 of us.
hi!!!! remember me?!?! happy thanksgiving

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

My Mom and I just started talking about our Thanksgiving today. She asked what my plans were. I said to have dinner and serve food.
We still have time! As long as my step-dad makes the turkey we're all good!!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

We had a Thanksgiving roast yesterday at DH's grandmothers, and tomorrow it's turkey at the cottage!

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Thanksgiving , we usually have it on Monday, but Jim invited the neighbors and told them Sunday. It doesn't really matter either way we will be having a wonderful turkey dinner. I made the pumpkin pies yesterday. The kids want to make the table pretty. They have all kinds of ideas. I just hope the leave enough room for food.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Another Thanksgiving Dinner today and right about now I feel like a beached whale. I need to go sleep this off and I don't want to see any more food for at least 3 days.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I keep forgetting you Canadians have your Thanksgiving this early. I saw "Thanksgiving" in the thread title and had a minor heart attack!
My first thought was "did I sleep through October and most of November???? Holy crap, 4 weeks until Christmas??????"

Hope everyone has a great weekend and fills their tummies!

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw on my "kitty calendar" this morning that it's Canadian Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving, neighbors!