Canadian pet insurance?

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to start the process to get pet insurance for my new cat, and there are so many brands! Can anyone give me a few top ones to start with?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have access to the same companies in Canada? I have ASPCA (no affiliation to the animal welfare group) but Trupanion has been popular around here.

What’s the best pet insurance?
Pet Insurance that covers routine care
Experience with pet insurance for your cats?
We have trupanion here but I don't think aspca. Trupanion seems the most popular both sides of the boarder either way. Looks like no matter which company I go with I'm looking at about $40/month.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
That is rather a standard price. It has been a huge help for me though with unexpected problems in Jamie, beginning at age 2. Like who expected that?

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have trupanion for my 3. It's $35/month per cat. It's been great to me. Jethro injured his jaw at 10 months old requiring $900 worth of dental xrays/xrays and meds. He had xrays as his leg gets bent which is due to a too flexiable joint so is getting cosequin for life (90% covered). He had routine bloodwork that showed possible kidney disease, and had a recheck that says its likely. He's getting an ultrasound done to check to see if theres something wrong with his kidneys as he's not even 3 yet. I know he didnt get into any toxin as he was never sick like that. The only time he was really sick was when he was a kitten, a few weeks after his neuter he stopped eating and was lethargic. Both he and his brother was sick but no plants or anything. Just normal kitten crappy tummies lol. They covered 90% of his bloodwork/urinalysis and that's lifelong now ^.^. His ultrasound will be anywhere from $500-$800 and they will cover most of it. So yah I really like them lol. I'm hoping my premium doesnt increase lol but usually they don't.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is rather a standard price. It has been a huge help for me though with unexpected problems in Jamie, beginning at age 2. Like who expected that?
My late cat, chester (in my pic) was diagnosed with his heart murmur at the age of 2. Probably would have saved me thousands over the 12 years he lived with it.