Can You Resist?

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, you're lounging on the sofa all relaxed with your kitty snug up to you. You have your hand on, say, the back of the neck.
Can you resist stroking them or do you just have to do it? With some willpower I can last about ten seconds before the inevitable.

Ardina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hah I usually have the opposite problem. I'll be petting for 10 minutes when I start getting sleepy, and the petting slows down and stops as I drift off. 30 seconds later, Mishka has turned around and head-butted me, and I wake up with a jerk and resume petting. Eventually she gets sleepy too, and then I'm finally allowed to stop.

LittleQuill

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The only time I get snuggle time with any of my cats is in the morning when they come up onto the bed. Anna will climb over my partner to get to me, and push my arm up with her head so she gets a pat. I usually pat her until I fall back to sleep or she does. Oscar will usually just lie down against me, and will let me throw my arm over him and let me go back to sleep. Honey (my newest edition), gets his affection from me during the day. He could quite happily sit there for hours while you pat him. He LOVES pat time with Mum. :petcat: