Can you freeze candied sweet potatoes?

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I know I'm pushing it since it's almost been a week since Thanksgiving but I just had some tonight and they were still good. So can you freeze them with the brownsuger and everything? For the record, I use brown sugar, butter and crushed pineapple. It still tastes fine but I'm not sure how long you can keep it. I would think if it is froze it should be fine but just wanted to check here.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yes you can freeze them...there isn't much a person can't freeze one way or the other.I have a twist for you the next time you are in the mood for sweet potatoes.Roast them whole in the oven on a sheet pan.Also roast whole bananas in the skins.Watch them though cuz they'll roast faster than the potatoes.The skins will blacken and when they start to ooze,they're done.Let them both cool and take out of the skins.I use 3 or 4 big bananas for 5 or 6 big sweet potatoes.Then mash them up with your butter and brown sugar and a dash or 2 of cinnamon...spoon into a greased casserole dish and bake till hot and bubbly.This will make a sweet potatoe hater ask for more!They go together so well!

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Yeah, I know I'm pushing it since it's almost been a week since Thanksgiving but I just had some tonight and they were still good. So can you freeze them with the brownsuger and everything? For the record, I use brown sugar, butter and crushed pineapple. It still tastes fine but I'm not sure how long you can keep it. I would think if it is froze it should be fine but just wanted to check here.
Don't know, we never have any left.

It's kind of popular with our family.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Skippymjp

Don't know, we never have any left.

It's kind of popular with our family.
LOL, yeah they were popular with my family too but DH's family just isn't that much into them but I still made enough for an army. That's ok....more leftovers for me!

Lizzie, that sounds absolutely yummy!! I'm going to have to try that. Maybe I'll be able to get DH to eat more than a spoonfull. The problem is most of DH's family are borderline diabetics (just runs in the family) so they try to stay away from a lot of sugar and the way I make them definitely gives you a sugar rush.