Feedback Can We Get The Old Site Back?

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom - Very true, but you can always readjust if you want to see the fine detail of a photo ;) I regularly bring my screen brightness back up for photo choosing and editing, then switch back when I'm done.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom - Very true, but you can always readjust if you want to see the fine detail of a photo ;) I regularly bring my screen brightness back up for photo choosing and editing, then switch back when I'm done.
Ok, so it's just an extra step and have to remember the settings otherwise you'll get different exposure and color hues while editing :wink:

SJSupport

I am that tech you're looking for
Young Cat
Purraise
It' for iPhone, Android, Mac and Windows. And yes it will alter the color of everything on your screen. I switch it off when I'm watching movies and the like.

snugglecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was so disappointed when I came on and everything had changed. I miss the old format, it was much more user friendly.

I recently had another site I had been a member of for 9 years change everything and everyone I had made friends left including me. I was heart broken because all our pictures were lost when they did the change. People had made me things for my son who I lost and I will never get those back.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maddies momma

TCS member, Crazy Cat Lady!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was so disappointed when I came on and everything had changed. I miss the old format, it was much more user friendly.

I recently had another site I had been a member of for 9 years change everything and everyone I had made friends left including me. I was heart broken because all our pictures were lost when they did the change. People had made me things for my son who I lost and I will never get those back.
I really miss the old format too! It was so warm and welcoming, and easy to use and understand. This new modern site is difficult to manage and unwelcoming. It feels cold. Everyone is so quick to switch to what's modern and they don't appreciate what they already have. There should be an option over Wether you want to use the old format or the new one.

D

Deleted member 115554

all our pictures were lost when they did the change. People had made me things for my son who I lost and I will never get those back.
We didn't lose a single picture :)

There should be an option over Wether you want to use the old format or the new one.
It is not technically possible, unfortunately :(

And the move to this new platform was out of everyone's hands.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
There was no option to stay with the old platform. It's being discontinued. Anne did a lot of research and felt this would be the best option for the site going. One of the reasons is that there is more room for customization and add-ones going forward. The platform has been up for only three days. There is still a lot going on behind the scenes and more and more is being added every day. Once we get settled in, Anne can start thinking about some of these customizations and make things a little more "homey", although it's the people that make a home. :). I can't even begin to imagine what Anne's to-do list looks like right now. :cringe: Please give it more than three days before judging. :).

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes that's a good way to describe it! Less of a community and more industrial.
I think it just takes time to adjust to the new platform.:lovecat2:
We will ALL, still be a cat community regardless if the Site had only text, only photos, or back to the early days of the internet, with that old school C+ basic, or whatever they called it, script back then.

The main goal is to learn about cats, help others out, and have some fun, in the meantime.

Every single day I get on here, I see some new colour, new graphic, new numbers.
There is constant tweaking in the background.
I just noticed today, if you go into your profile, and look at albums, the photos change as you hover over them. That is amazing.:D
Just give it a month, and keep exploring the site, finding all the new stuff. ;)

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There was no option to stay with the old platform. It's being discontinued. Anne did a lot of research and felt this would be the best option for the site going. One of the reasons is that there is more room for customization and add-ones going forward. The platform has been up for only three days. There is still a lot going on behind the scenes and more and more is being added every day. Once we get settled in, Anne can start thinking about some of these customizations and make things a little more "homey", although it's the people that make a home. :). I can't even begin to imagine what Anne's to-do list looks like right now. :cringe: Please give it more than three days before judging. :).
:yeah: Everyone needs to remember that we had no choice but to change platforms. The old platform was tweaked and customised over the years to become what it was. This will grow to feel like home too, I'm sure, and as AbbysMom AbbysMom says, it will continue to be customised over the coming weeks and months.

Think of it like moving house - we spend years getting our homes just as we like them, with our own sense of style and decor. Then there comes a point when we move - sometimes by choice, and other times circumstances force the issue. Either way, we have to start the whole 'nesting' process over again, and it takes time to make the new place feel like home. It does happen though - it just needs a little patience.

I'm missing features from the old platform too, and I'm one of the (many) people who hates change. Despite all that, I'm already finding some cool tricks and features here that we didn't have before, whilst at the same time missing certain tools/features from our old home. We're all still here, we're all still a family, and we'll all help each other out. Ultimately, it's the people who make TCS such a great place to be, and we're all still here and as friendly and supportive as ever. :lovecat::grouphug::lovecat3:

Hang in there, guys :vibes:Together, we'll make this platform home, and it'll be every bit as great a community as it was before :cutecat:

Last edited by a moderator:

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Even if it is new the least you could do is listen to your members suggestions.

So far people have suggested the site is rather industrial looking. Maybe try to make it a little less cold by adding a background to posts.

The site is rather bulky on mobile devices such as blackberries and other phones with smaller screens. Maybe hide the badges on the mobile site and slim down the bar with the posters name a bit.

I'm sure this is possible if the Xenforo platform is as customizable as you say

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I never said suggestions weren't being listened to. :dunno: I said give it time. It's been three days. There is still a lot of configuring going on. There is still basic setup to be done before there can be add-ons and customizations. This is marked as feedback so once the dust settles Anne and the developers ca go through and see what the members want. :)

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Suggestions are definitely being taken on board and listened to :agree: It's just that the first priorities are getting the basic mechanics of the site working correctly - ironing out technical glitches and fixing big issues (email notifications etc). It all takes time, that's all. Remember that its only been a couple of days so far. Anne and the rest of the administrators and mods are working as hard as they can to get everything in place. :winkcat:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ironing out glitches has to come first then the aesthetics can be worked on. Give it a little time. I think especially as I get older I am at least somewhat resistant to change, just give it some time.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I found a Firefox add-on that you can use to actually change colors, not just change the brightness. I have no idea if the program can be used with other browsers or with non-Mac computers. I changed the background to a pale cream color and found that there is still some white around the posts, so it's easier on my eyes and separates the posts better as well. I took a screen shot to show you what it looks like for me. Hope the colors come through.
Screen Shot 2017-04-15 at 6.17.17 PM.png

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks really good GoldyCat GoldyCat .
Are you allowed to give us the name of the add-on for Firefox?