Feedback Can We Get The Old Site Back?

maddies momma

TCS member, Crazy Cat Lady!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I do not like this new format at all!! I'm extremely disappointed with this change. And there was no warning that changes were coming! Can we please just have our old site back? I fell like I'm not going to be much of an active member anymore if this format stays the same.

HellaSteph

Unicorn Seeker
Super Cat
Purraise
I do not like this new format at all!! I'm extremely disappointed with this change. And there was no warning that changes were coming! Can we please just have our old site back? I fell like I'm not going to be much of an active member anymore if this format stays the same.
Hello, we're so sorry you feel this way. Unfortunately, we are unable to get the old site back as it's no longer offered by the previous provider. Is there something we can help you find or navigate around to? Some of the same questions/concerns you may have could be what others would like to know also.

I hope you'll give the new TheCatSite a chance. Cheers!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry you are disappointed with the new format. I think you just have to stay positive and give it a chance. Any type of change is difficult to deal with. The more you use the site, the more familiar you will become with it..

Just give it a chance. WE would hate to lose you...

If you have to, just cruise around to get accustomed to it, before you start posting..
((Hugs))

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Well for me it's using more data you probably have unlimited data or something so maybe it doesn't apply to you.

All phones have different sized screens and for me one post takes up the entire screen so I have to scroll scroll scroll just to get to the last unread post.

HellaSteph

Unicorn Seeker
Super Cat
Purraise
All phones have different sized screens and for me one post takes up the entire screen so I have to scroll scroll scroll just to get to the last unread post.
Hi there, there's a cool little toggle button on the website and your phone that allows you to jump up and down the page without having to scroll all the way to the top or bottom. See here:

tempFileForShare_20170412-182841.jpg

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ Amazing ! I am on an inexpensive LG Smartphone with standard memory chip and things are much cleaner and slightly larger . It takes time to learn how to post a link , change fonts etc .
If anyone is having trouble be patient and play around with the features. Relax and enjoy - don't leave ! ~;)`

( I already screwed up my first post )

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I was a little unsure (and a little frustrated) about the change at first, but I have to say that now that I'm used to it, the new format is absolutely beautiful! I am on a mobile device and it works perfectly. Please, don't leave, anyone! We have so many posters who contribute very valuable content, and I think that the new format should feel natural in a few days. Thank you, huddlersteph, for your commitment to TCS.

HellaSteph

Unicorn Seeker
Super Cat
Purraise
I was a little unsure (and a little frustrated) about the change at first, but I have to say that now that I'm used to it, the new format is absolutely beautiful! I am on a mobile device and it works perfectly. Please, don't leave, anyone! We have so many posters who contribute very valuable content, and I think that the new format should feel natural in a few days. Thank you, huddlersteph, for your commitment to TCS.
I'm not sure if some of you know but I've been working for TCS for the better part of 5 years now. I've always been behind the scenes. It's not easy to always feel like the work one does every day for years makes an impact. Up until recently, I've been hidden help.

Anne and her staff have been amazing at what they do. Our focus has been to save all the content and this special home for all the faithful TCS users. While I know it's not perfect, we absolutely could not be more proud to provide a beautiful forum for the most lovely group of users around.

This is possibly the nicest comment I've ever gotten in the 5 years since joining TCS. Thank you, abyeb abyeb ! You made my day, year and better half of a decade!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Awww... you're welcome! Admins like you are the reason that reason that TCS runs so smoothly.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
When we changed platforms about five years ago, there were several people who were disappointed that certain features were gone or who had trouble navigating. Within days or weeks, initial glitches had been ironed out and people had discovered the pluses of the new one. It'll be the same this time, I think.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like it either, but I'll try to get used to it.
The warmer color of the previous site was very inviting, this cold white background is putting me off, kind of scares me. It's hard to tell where a single post begins and the other ends. I was happier with the previous site where all posts had a frame around it. And the colors were better!
Can we change at least the colors?

D

Deleted member 115554

Well for me it's using more data
Are you sure?

We still haven't setup all backend caching (so site will be faster in future when that is done) but we do have front-end caching in place.

For example, to load this page, my browser only had to download 35.7KB of data.

Slower loading and using more data are not always the same.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
When we changed platforms about five years ago, there were several people who were disappointed that certain features were gone or who had trouble navigating. Within days or weeks, initial glitches had been ironed out and people had discovered the pluses of the new one. It'll be the same this time, I think.
I wanted to add that a lot of features were added in those five years. Right now we are babies on this platform. Once the site is up and running properly with all the issues worked out then Anne ca look into adding other features. These are early days. :).