Can Spayed Cats Still Go Missing?

vanemeow

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat has been missing for hours now. This is unusual from her. Before she got spayed, she has gone missing, which was months ago. She went missing for a whole day and came back with her leg injured. I’m beginning to think the worse could have happened now. I don’t really keep her inside because she doesn’t like it. She prefers to be outside. Despite that she always comes back. This is worrisome.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yes, spayed cats can go missing.

Have you posted on lost pet websites, Nextdoor . com, and talked to neighbors? Keep talking to them, she might have gotten shut in a shed or garage.

Good luck!!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Although spaying will cut down on roaming, it certainly doesn't eliminate it altogether. I know how worried you must be!

This article has lots of tips on how to hunt!
Help! My Cat Is Lost!

You might consider keeping her in, after you find her (keeping a positive outlook here...we've had cats come home after MONTHS away!). This can help:

The Five Golden Rules To Bringing An Outdoor Cat Inside
How To Make Your Home Bigger (at Least For Your Cats)

If it is possible for you, a catio might be the answer! An enclosed, outdoor area where she can enjoys all the sights, sounds, and smells, yet be protected and contained. They range from small to enormous, and from simple to VERY intricate, and can fit all budgets. A quick Google of "catio" will bring up HUNDREDS of options to fit all budgets and spaces.