Can Someone Please Tell Me If My Cat Is A Savannah.

CherGal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, was wondering if anyone could enlighten me to if my kitten is a Savannah? We just got her about a week ago from our local humane society. The people at the Humane Society thought she was some kind of exotic cat. They had her on Facebook and the comments were MANY, saying she looked exotic. Her coloring isn't grey, it truly is silver. I am attaching some photos. The photos are taken in our travel trailer, so the lighting isn't all that great. Our kittens name is "Sequoia River" and the Humane Society told us she was about 10 weeks old, so now she would be 11 weeks old. The photos show her face, top of head, length of her long legs, and her spotting. Thank you in advance.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CherGal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
What a beautiful kitty! I would go with more of a Bengal lookalike than a Savannah lookalike, as I can see some hints of rosettes on her shoulder, but absent a DNA test, it’s impossible to prove any ancestry for sure. I would describe her as a silver spotted tabby Domestic Shorthair.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The head looks as on an Egyptian Mau, so my guess is she has that ancestry. She isnt purebred, the spots has detoriated.
But she has prob ancestry of either Mau or Bengal.

Bengal is the far more common. Also, Bengals are known to be lively and studs are sprayers. So that is why there are quite a few bengal "byblows".
Still, the head, the coloring and the spots hints for me strongly a Mau ancestry not very far back.

CherGal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you both so much for your quick and wonderful replies.

CherGal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you Dreamer Rose.