Can Someone Just Take A Look At Feral Cat Pic Please!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

correne maresca

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It looks like a tumor. Is there any way you can trap her and get her checked by a vet? If not, perhaps there is a rescue group near you that could help.
Is this deadly?

amethyst

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I agree the cat needs to see a vet, it could be a tumor or it could be a large abscess, you'd need to see a vet to find out. If it's a tumor it could be cancerous or benign. If it's cancer then yes it's deadly, how quickly it will kill that cat depends on the type of cancer and how fast it's growing. If it's a benign tumor then no, not deadly in itself, but probably painful and life threatening for a feral since it would hamper hunting for food and defending itself. If it's an abscess that means it's basically an infection and puss filled lump, either from a bite or scratch or there could be something stuck in there. If it's an abscess and it bursts it could kill the cat from blood loss and/or farther infection.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

correne maresca

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She needs a vet. There's nothing you can do on your own. If cost is an issue, this article has some suggestions: No Money For Vet Care? How To Find Help And Save Your Cat's Life
I agree the cat needs to see a vet, it could be a tumor or it could be a large abscess, you'd need to see a vet to find out. If it's a tumor it could be cancerous or benign. If it's cancer then yes it's deadly, how quickly it will kill that cat depends on the type of cancer and how fast it's growing. If it's a benign tumor then no, not deadly in itself, but probably painful and life threatening for a feral since it would hamper hunting for food and defending itself. If it's an abscess that means it's basically an infection and puss filled lump, either from a bite or scratch or there could be something stuck in there. If it's an abscess and it bursts it could kill the cat from blood loss and/or farther infection.
Thank you so much for your help. I will try and get help as best I can.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would say it is a tumor. It most likely is benign, but she still needs it removed before it affects her ability to walk and escape from predators. Try to get a live trap from a local shelter or advertise on the radio or on posters to borrow a trap. If you can coax her into a carrier with a plate of tuna, that would even be better. I'll pray for her, you will be blessed for trying to help.

kittylove14

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
from what i understand the sooner the better as removal is usually the option and with that particular location they want to salvage them most tissue left on her. keep us posted!