Can someone help me with which dry and wet food among these are good for my cat? As the one I feed are low in stock or not getting restocked!!!

H2201

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Dry food.

Royal canin
Formula natural
9 lives
Canagan country game
Winner plus
Bonacibo
Earth born
Purina one
Petline
Pro pac
Cat chow
Friskies
Schesir
Whikas

Wet food

Royal canin
Tiki cat
Natural kitty
9 lives
Petline
Fancy feast
Purina fancy feasts medleys
Felix
Friskies
Sheba
Whikas
Dr. Clauder

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
Keep in mind that this is my opinion :)

Earthborn
Purina One

Tiki cat
Fancy feast (the pates are decent)
Sheba

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It might also help to tell us which ones you are feeding your cat that you are trying to get backups for. Everyone will have a different opinion about all of the ones you have listed. So, at least if you tell us the ones you prefer then some of the members might be able to identify comparable ones from your list.

This chart might be of help to you for the wet food - Wet Cat Food Ingredient Chart - Google Sheets.
This one might also help you out - Canned Cat food Spreadsheets | Flickr

Last edited:

Babypaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
In my opinion “9 lives” Is a poor Quality and Friskies wet and dry even though that’s the only thing my cats will eat other than FF isn’t so great either. I think they might have changed their ingredients, a lot of times when I open a can of the filets Friskies there’s more gravy in it than the actual meat.The shreds look terrible! My cats don’t care for the chicken but I had to order it because the beef was getting hard to find.
FF doesn’t look bad when I open the cans.
Royal Canin is expensive and I don’t believe it’s worth the $. Not a fan of dry Cat Chow.
Earthborn looks good but can’t get my cats away from Friskies

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Since a d is temporary unless your cat needs to gain weight, 9 lives and whiskas are unhelthyunhelthy1 instead Fancy feast classics

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

H2201

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It might also help to tell us which ones you are feeding your cat that you are trying to get backups for. Everyone will have a different opinion about all of the ones you have listed. So, at least if you tell us the ones you prefer then some of the members might be able to identify comparable ones from your list.

This chart might be of help to you for the wet food - Wet Cat Food Ingredient Chart - Google Sheets.
This one might also help you out - Canned Cat food Spreadsheets | Flickr
I fed my cat wet food Friskies and dry food Purina Felicia.

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
a lot of times when I open a can of the filets Friskies there’s more gravy in it than the actual meat.
Friskies does make a "Gravy Lover's" version of many of their foods.

Our cat, Casper, is a "Gravy Licker." He'll lick all the gravy off his food and leave the rest.
Most of the time, he does come back for seconds and eventually finishes off most or all of it but it's clear that he thinks the gravy is the best part. Because of this, we try to buy the "Gravy Lover's" version. Not always, because we want to encourage him to eat all of his food but we still want to give Casper the kinds of food he likes best.

Are you sure you aren't accidentally buying "Gravy Lover's" thinking it's the regular kind?

As for dry foods, Purina One or Cat Chow are the ones we feed Casper.
Cat Chow is the one we feed regularly. Purina One is the backup.

I've been feeding Cat Chow or Dog Chow to every cat or dog I've ever had, since I was a kid. All of my father's hunting dogs ate Purina with occasional meat scraps mixed in. All of our family pets ate Dog Chow and all my cats ate Cat Chow. Casper eats Cat Chow and has been since shortly after we adopted him six years ago.

I've been feeding Purina for more than fifty years and have never seen a problem related to food.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It would also help to state what country you are in so you're not getting a bunch of brands / varieties that are not available where you are. I'm not familiar with some of the brands you listed.

TCS has some articles on how to choose the best food:

How To Choose The Best Dry Cat Food? – TheCatSite Articles
What Makes The Best Canned Cat Food? – TheCatSite Articles
Grain-free Cat Food – What Does It Mean? – TheCatSite Articles
How To Choose The Right Food For Your Cat – TheCatSite Articles
Choosing The Right Food For Your Cat – Part 2 – TheCatSite Articles

Cats being cats may not want to eat what you pick, though :crazy: A general rule is to feed your cat what he / she likes that you can afford and can easily find and has decent quality ingredients. Some brands like Cat Chow are super cheap and widely available but has really poor quality ingredients. Sure cats can survive on a poor diet but they won't thrive and be relatively healthy.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm feeding Purina One and Iams dry foods. Friskies, Fancy Feast, Sheba wet foods.
I was feeding Cat Chow, but I think the food dyes were making my cats puke.

donkeyslong

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
out of those in my opinion would be Royal Canin and Tiki Cat. I actually use Tiki Cat for wet food but for dry i use Orijen but it is expensive but has high grade food in it.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I am excited that my cat peaches only needs 1 container of the 2 of nutro perfect portions no more no less. Small 7 pd cat. So I feed her 3x a day 3 containers

Robyn5678

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just switched my cats to Koha. I don’t feed dry food.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm feeding Purina One and Iams dry foods. Friskies, Fancy Feast, Sheba wet foods.
I was feeding Cat Chow, but I think the food dyes were making my cats puke.
Cat chow and meow mix are both about the same tier quality wise. I only ever used it when feeding Snuffles, a sick dumped cat that showed up on my property.

She was literally eating garbage, I saw her eating a napkin from a dumpster at the building behind my place.

It's better than used napkins and candy wrappers at least. But not something I would feed my pet on a regular basis.

lucyoliverted

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Going through this now after just losing our Devon, our 2 remaining cats seem to like Identity cat foods, made in US and seems to be no ingredients from out of the US or Canada, no to cheap though. They have been on Trader Joes food most of their lives.