Can someone help me identify this

ShadowMom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I noticed a bump on my cat's stomach. He's an indoor cat so I dont know how he could've gotten a tick but I'm afraid that's what it is. Can anyone comment and offer some suggestions on what to do?

Attachments

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
First -- Andy Black is awesome, I approve.
Second though -- That looks like maybe a white head, or maybe he got bit by a fire ant or something.

That def does not look like a tick to me. They usually are more obvious and don't look like bumps and stuff, but rather an actual bug.To me, it looks like a white head. I would keep an eye on it if you're worried or show the pic to your vet, but I honestly just think it's a little bite or white head or something.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
No, that does not look like a tick. However, for future reference, ticks are opportunists, and can hitchhike in on clothing if you walk through areas where they are (anywhere with grass, etc.). Same with fleas. What it looks like, honestly, is a nipple. SO...if it is NOT a nipple, my guess would be some sort of little cyst (like a white head). GIve your vet a call and see if he will let you email him with the photo, then discuss what to do.

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
I assumed that it was on the cats side -- if it's on the stomach, then yeah. Looks like a nipple!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
And don't be embarrassed if that's what it is...you aren't the first to make that mistake, nor will you be the last!