Can someone give me an opinion about what this scab on my kitten’s back is? Already have a vet appointment scheduled!

Kels2239

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all-

I found a scab on the back of my sweet Noah’s neck today and would like to know if anyone can identify this. Recently, I have been eaten alive by mosquitos so it could be a reaction or I’m thinking ringworm.

thank you all! Noah does have a vet appointment as well.

Attachments

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That does not look like ringworm, more likely is reaction to bug bite or wound from an injury. I'm glad to hear you are seeing a vet for it. Until your vet appointment, I'd recommend using a clean cloth dipped in warm water to clean it as often as your cat will tolerate. If your cat will tolerate it, use the cloth as a compress by holding a clean warm cloth against the wound. The warmth helps draw out any pus that may be in there.

StanAndAlf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I agree with above, it doesn't look like a ringworm. I am thinking either a fungal infection or graze. Some good advice above about applying warm water, you can even try rinsing with some diluted Betadine to help disinfect the area if the cat will tolerate it. Let us know how the vet visit goes!

carebearbaby1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Have you applied flea preventives lately? Could be a reaction to that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kels2239

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone

thank you so much for your help! I haven’t applied any flea preventative but it looks to be an allergic reaction to a mosquito bite!