Can Semi-feral Kitty Be Happy Indoors?

ParkBaby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This wonderful girl is 10 years old, I've already posted several things on her life in the park and the problems we had and still have catching her.
We found a foster home for her, very nice person, with a few other cats.
The big dilemma is that our baby is happy with us, she is very loved and well taken care off.
Since we are unable to take her in, there is really no other option. Life outside is horrible in winter, autumn and even summer...she needs a good home. Very friendly with at least 6 people (whom she loves), we can pick her up, pet her, hold her for a minute...but most of the times she starts struggling as she remembers our unsuccessful attempts of catching her (using a towel, a soft carrier, etc).
We want to avoid any suffering, as she is our "child" and attached to us, afraid she will be miserable without us...
We won't be able to see her twice/day, as we've been doing for so many years...The reason she is still outside, she used to have a companion, they loved each other very much...
Sadly, the boy passed away 2 years ago.
One of the feral kitties, same age, who used to be in the park, has been caught and taken to a permanent home in December. She has not really warmed up to her new family yet...
How long it might take for her to adjust, I wonder?!
Are there chances for our girl to adjust to a new environment, new people?
She is a very smart, active, playful and extremely beautiful girl. I don't know how to prevent her from feeling "betrayed" by us...and abandoned.
Thank you for your thoughts on this situation!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!

Are there chances for our girl to adjust to a new environment, new people?
She is a very smart,
Being that she is so smart, she will be better able to adapt to new things, in my opinion.

Will she feel betrayed? No. Will she feel abandoned? I don't believe so, because she won't be alone.

Bless you for making the tough choice here for her :vibes::bouquet:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ParkBaby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi!

Being that she is so smart, she will be better able to adapt to new things, in my opinion.

Will she feel betrayed? No. Will she feel abandoned? I don't believe so, because she won't be alone.

Bless you for making the tough choice here for her :vibes::bouquet:
We made this choice, but it is SO difficult...
Thank you for making me feel better!!!
Bless you too!