Purraise
There are always enough vibes to go around! Lot's of love to you and Freya

Emily & Sheryl

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
I think Wendel had a lesson in "Taking proper care of humans" last night...but I don't think he did so well.

One thing Freya's done since very early in is make sure we go to bed. This all came out of an incident back when she was maybe 1. I'd found a tent on sale and Mike had "go camping" on his list-of-things-to-do-before-I-die. It was early June, so pretty nice out at night and he declared he was going to sleep in the backyard that night to 'test the tent'. I wished him well and went to bed as usual. Mike slept in the backyard and scared the heck out of Freya when he came in he next morning. She just looked so startled, like she couldn't figure out why he was coming in from outside when he should have been getting out of bed.  Since then, she checks on us pretty much every night at bedtime. She clicks around the room (the extra claw on the bottom of her one front paw clicks one the wood unless she retracts it - she leaves it out and clicks when she wants us to know she's there), then hops onto the bed, checks both of us, then decides to either lay down on me or hop off the bed and go about whatever business she has that night.

Last night I brought her to bed (Mike hadn't come up yet) and she hunkered down on the bottom corner on the bed and meowed once. Wendel comes running upstairs, and proceeds to sit in the doorway looking at her. Then, he marches around the room clicking his claws on the floor (which he does not do normally). Freya watches him the whole time. When he gets back to my side of the bed, he sits in front of her again for a few moments and they stare at each other, then he hops up on the bed next to me, meows once and hops down, then goes back to looking at her. She just stares at him. After a minute he does the whole thing again, and ends up sitting on my nightstand looking very confused with Freya glaring at him. At this point Mike comes upstairs and into the bedroom. Freya looks at him, then back at Wendel, who hops down to the floor and slinks (yes, slinks) out of the room like he's been scolded. Mike even noticed and asked what the heck that was about.

It looked for all the world like she was telling him he missed a step and he couldn't figure it out until he realized he hadn't made sure Mike was in bed. I'm very curious as to whether we'll see him try again tonight. 

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is such a priceless story. She's making sure Wendel knows his job! Continued vibes for Freya. May this sweet girl enjoy these times as much as possible.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Freya sounds like quite a character
  Maybe if Wendel can't quite  get the job done, it will give her incentive to stick around longer

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm very curious as to whether we'll see him try again tonight.
Me too! Freya is taking her training of Wendall very seriously! And he is trying so hard! I think when they know they will be leaving us, some of them do worry about us. I know Tolly :angel: did worry about me. I told him many times that I would be okay.

How wonderful that you all have this time together.

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Animals know when another animal is hurting.  "Red" is old, has problems with one of his eye.  "Scout" is now licking that eye, grooming it.  Red loves the attention and seems to ease the pain.

Red and Scout are dogs.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love your posts about how Freya is "training" Wendel. Very, very cute and very heartwarming. :clap::clap: This time you are all sharing is such a gift and will be wonderful, special memories that will last a lifetime. Continue vibes for dear Freya. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Last edited:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my goodness that is the sweetest story! :thud: I agree - I LOVE these stories! She is such a character and obviously a very special kitty! :lol3: And I LOVE that Wendel is trying so hard! :lol3: (His clicking his claws on the floor is just TOO CUTE!!!!)

You'll have to let us know what happens tonight! :D

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
I'm happy to announce that we were sent to bed appropriately and Freya was satisfied.

Yesterday was a hanging out on all her favorite blankets day. She spent much of the morning curled up on the afghan on the spare bed in the sunbeam - the spare bed is a prime cat-spot in the morning since it has a fabulous sunbeam coming in until around 11am. The afternoon was spent on the one quilt in the basement I've put aside for repair, but that she's loved since she was a kitten - it's older than her. She's been on pred since Friday and it does seem to be making er more comfortable. She's moving around more, came to bed without me carrying her last night, and is spending more time on the second floor, so she certainly seems more mobile. The hard part is, with that, Wendel wants her to play with him. which results in him pouncing at her, her hissing and then having to stop because she has a coughing fit. I have no idea how to explain to him that she can't chase him around the house right now.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm happy to announce that we were sent to bed appropriately and Freya was satisfied. :lol3:
Thanks for the laugh this morning. :lolup:

Wendel seems proud of himself, does he not??!!! I am glad you are all having these fun moments together!! :happy3: :rub:

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm just now getting time to catch up on this thread. I was deeply saddened to read the results of the biopsy, I've always adored Freya & all her extra toes. Sounds like so far she's been having good days. :vibes: for you all

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry for the posting delay - Mike had his procedure yesterday so it's been pretty crazy here.

Freya's appetite is improving a bit - we'll now each 2 cans of slurried food each day, which is definitely up.She spent most of yesterday hiking about th living room and keeping an eye on him after we got home. She worries, and did try sitting on him, but he moves too much for her liking.

Lately she's been more active at night, too. She'll come to bed, snuggle for a bit, then wander of to do whatever it is she feels like doing that night. I'm glad to see my little girl being normal. It might sound silly, but I'll take normal Freya over excessively cuddly Freya any day.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know what you mean about normal. Normal means she is feeling good. Thank you for the continued updates, I think of Freya often these days. :heart3:

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I too know what you mean about normal.  I hate when she always wants food (normal), I hate when she doesn't (not normal).

I love when she sleeps on my lap, I worry when she sleeps too much on my lap.  THERE ARE BIRDS OUTSIDE, don't you hear them, don't you want to go 'visit' them?

Ms. Freya, you've been amazingly strong, courageous during this process.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
YAY for NORMAL! That means Freya is feeling pretty good. :clap::clap::clap: OH BOY, watch out Wendel. :lol3: Continuing the vibes :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Last edited:

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you everyone for your kind words and support for me and Mike and Freya. I can't tell you how much it means to me to be able to come here and talk.

I have to smile a bit - Freya is very Freya today. She's got her attitude going, has been sleeping in the TV cabinet and play-hiding behind things and peeking out at me. I don't know if it's because she only has the on eye and her depth perception is a bit funny sometimes, but she peeks around the wall in the stairwell so that you see exactly half of her face. She's always been a cave-cat so I can't even think of all the times I've seen that one big eye looking at me from out of somewhere.

She guarded the landing for me last night. It sounds silly, but it's something she's always done - even as a scrawny little kitten. I've always had an over-active imagination and one of my personal freak-outs has always been thinking I hear someone or something outside the bedroom. As a result, I always slept with the door closed...until getting Freya, who is mortally offended by closed doors. The first night she drove us crazy enough to try leaving the door open, I woke up in the expected half-asleep panic, immediately looked at the doorway, and saw my little (then VERY little) girl laying right in the middle of the landing looking down the stairs. She looked at me, gave one of her sassy little "nyah"s, and my panic immediately turned off. Afterall, if she was guarding the landing, nothing would get to the bedroom without me knowing. I've been able to sleep with the door open ever since.

We're still having a few issues with her and Wendel playing...partially because my little darling whaps him on the butt then runs...and he chases. She usually only makes it 1 or 2 rooms before having  coughing fit, then he gets all concerned. Seriously...I'm torn between being glad that she still wants to play, and having a small heart attack when she has one of her coughing fits.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.