Can kittens be registered if the father isn’t?

Catlover2020**

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, I’m wanting to breed my Persian cats but only the mother is registered..I’m wondering if they breed if the babies are still able to be registered even though the father isn’t? Thank you!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
What association do you want to register with? CFA requires both parents to be registered. I don't know for sure about other associations, but I think they're all pretty strict.

Do you have a pedigree for the father that goes back at least 5 generations? That might help you get him registered of he has registered cats in his background.

If that doesn't work you might have to consider a different stud.

Do you have breeding rights for your female?

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What association do you want to register with? CFA requires both parents to be registered. I don't know for sure about other associations, but I think they're all pretty strict.

Do you have a pedigree for the father that goes back at least 5 generations? That might help you get him registered of he has registered cats in his background.

Perfect answer.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Catlover2020**

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Yes the female has breeding rights! I’m not too picky about which association but I live in Canada so it was have to be with a Canadian one.Unfortunately I don’t have any info on the male besides which color type his parents are.. I read somewhere that it is possible to register with a pedigree going back 3 generations but I do not have that info/was not given it 😕 I’m not intending on breeding for money..mostly just to have them for myself/family members..but I’d still like to have them registered if it would be somehow possible.Thank you for taking the time to reply & be helpful! It is greatly appreciated!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
One thing to note- Persians need an 8 generation pedigree in the CFA.
Thanks for the update. I knew 5 generations was the minimum for some breeds but didn't take the time to look up any specific breeds.