can i help him .. how do i help him?

callie37

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is there any way to help a cat that is limping .. he's only walking on 3 paws holding one of his front paws
Slightly in the air.. he's kinda a stray but we feed him on a regular basis and ive named him so I guess I took him in ...
He came in after being outside for a few days is their anyway to help him heal

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

callie37

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Its difficult to make him stay in he doesn't like staying inside very long without wanting back out..otherwise he would be a house cat
Ive tried so hard in the past to make him a house kitty but he's just so stubborn and kept wanting back outside even if it meant escaping when we let our eyes off him

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If he isn't neutered, get that done as soon as possible.  It will help with the wanderlust and will certainly help keep him from fighting, which is most likely how he got hurt.

Thank you for helping him.

babytommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well tommy got into two situations when he was a kitten that caused him to limp. When he was barely a month old he was playing on the bed and rolled off. He wouldn't stand on his hind leg at all. After waiting, thinking it would just pass by, we took him to the vet and he gave us some pills. Next time tommy was on the bed again and his claw got stuck on the comforter when he turned suddenly he began limping on that leg too. This time instead of going to the vet we tried our local pet store and found cheap medicine that actually worked. So check out the pet-store. Lastly, tommy also gets bored easily and usually goes outside. He comes home every time. I suggest giving him food and water at your house and soon he'll slowly get used to being an indoor cat, or he'll be like tommy who goes outside when bored but comes home every 5 min.

orangepoe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Going through this same situation right now.. Our feral was limping on 3 legs and keeping his paw up as well. Get a trap, put some tuna in it & get him to the vet to take a look at it ASAP. Our boy ended up having an abscess cat bite and was given antibiotics bandaged and told to stay in cage to rest. Call the humane society closest to you to see if they can help. I got referred to a rescue that covered the costs. I hope he feels better!

orangepoe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
*** While he is there ask about neutering him as well. It will help him not get into other fights!