Can I give a bath to nursing mama cat?

Gigi898

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The kittens are 16days old now and they all have opened their eyes. This is a rescue family that came from the street; so you can imagine how dirty she was when she first came in.. Because I was scared that the kittens won’t be able recognize the mom after the bath and stop nursing, I’ve been avoiding to give her a bath. Instead I’ve been brushing her rigorously and using mostly natural stuff to clean her ears which were really bad. However, two days ago the mama cat had a !!EXPLOSIVE!! diarrhea; and now she smells like a diarrhea... I dont think its just the butt area tbh given the level of explosiveness of the diarrhea. I really think I have to give her a bath... so my question is.. “How bad is the damage if I wash her now?:/“

p.s diarrhea situation was sorted at the vet and she is on medications

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Should be OK to bathe her.. She is apparently friendly with you and allows you almost everything... THIS is the usual problem. A shy momma wont allow.

This with ears sounds as some sort of infection, mites and or bacteria / fungi. Had the vet prescribed something?