Can I Feed My 8 Month Old Cat With Kmr (petag)?

Monica Concepcion

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a female persian whose weight is 4.6 lbs (2.09kg). Im not sure if that's a normal weight or not but I'm wondering if I can feed her kmr by petag? I have a lot left from my previous fosters and it feels bad to just throw it away as I'm not planning to foster again at this time of the year (next year maybe). I want to make her gain weight too but she won't eat more than 1/8 cup per meal (3x). So is it possible to feed her the kmr to make her eat more too???

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is she a healthy weight/body condition? You can ask the vet if you can't tell yourself. She is very small but some cats are naturally small.

Yes, she can have KMR if she likes it. Keep it to a couple tablespoons a day. It will make her gain weight so ask the vet if she needs that or not.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Monica Concepcion

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You might consider free feeding your kitten. It is generally best at that age, and many cats do well free fed their entire lives.
I tried free feeding her (along with my other cat) but my other cat tends to eat all of the food when i leave a lot of food for them to eat -_- she doesn't go back to her plate unless it's their scheduled feeding time

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Monica Concepcion

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is she a healthy weight/body condition? You can ask the vet if you can't tell yourself. She is very small but some cats are naturally small.
Well...she plays, pees, and poops like how a normal cat would? She's very playful and would even get her favorite toy by herself and present it to me if she wants to play but she's as big as my male cat when he was 5 months old so I'm a bit concerned huhuhu

Yes, she can have KMR if she likes it. Keep it to a couple tablespoons a day. It will make her gain weight so ask the vet if she needs that or not.
I'll try to ask them on our next vet visit but I'll let her drink some bfore bedtime. Thanks! :)