Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community
  1. The Basepaws giveaway is officially over. Click here to see who won and grab your $20 discount coupon!

Can I Bathe My Kitten Even Though She Just Got A Shot Earlier?

Discussion in 'Cat Health' started by mrs_abuga, Jun 13, 2018.

1. mrs_abuga

mrs_abuga Thread Starter TCS Member Kitten

Jun 13, 2018
    Hey everyone, so my 10 week old kitty got her 2nd distemper shot just a few hours ago. All was well...until she literally jumped into a trash can. Now I want to give her a bath because of that. Would it be safe to do it although she just had her vaccine earlier today? She's never had a bath before. I would make sure to dry her thoroughly.

Margret purraised this.
  2. Furballsmom

Furballsmom TCS Member Top Cat

Jan 9, 2018
    Colorado USA
    Hi! I don't know for sure, but I'm thinking you could double check with your vet.
    Also, if you haven't done the actual bath already, you could use a makeup remover towelette that has Micellar cleaning water, super safe and very effective :)

Margret purraised this.
  3. Margret

Margret TCS Member Top Cat

Jul 17, 2014
    Littleton, CO
    It's virtually impossible for a human to "dry a cat thoroughly," unless it's one of the rare cats who don't mind a blow dryer. Probably a good idea to stick to nice, safe wipes.

Margret

Furballsmom purraised this.
  4. mrs_abuga

mrs_abuga Thread Starter TCS Member Kitten

Jun 13, 2018
    Thanks guys! Unfortunately I can't call my vet cause it's 10 PM where I live. I did use the wipes, I'll try a bath in a few more days when she's back in tip top shape. Thanks!

Margret and Furballsmom purraised this.
  5. Furballsmom

Furballsmom TCS Member Top Cat

Jan 9, 2018
    Colorado USA
    :heartshape:

Margret purraised this.